Jim recently generously donated a giant plexiglass dome that IIRC used to adorn a pole on the outside of the Art Gallery, where it housed a projector. Its awesome, and huge, and ours, all ours! Mwahahah!
Only issue, what do we do with it?
- 36" diameter (91.4cm)
- Light enough for one person to carry awkwardly on their shoulders.
- Easy to schlep with two people
- Unbelievably awesome acoustics if you stick your head inside, so much gated reverb.
- Two pieces of plastic joined at the equator, not too sure the strength on the join. I would not want to fill it with water.
- Makes you feel like an astronaut.
- Will not fit upstairs, none of the doors are big enough, we could pry the base off and take the front door of the hinges possibly.
Share your ideas of what to build below.
Also, on a related note, Metal_Janet wanted to let the cat lovers know that there is also a 36" cardboard cat trap that needs to go as well.
Also, bubble wrap aficionados there is some free wrap in the cat trap. Also, knick knack paddy whack what should we do with the dome?
edit - we put it on top of the laser cutter fume filter’o’matic xl3000 if you want marvel in the majesty of the dome with your own eyes, figured it was safe and out of the way