WORKSHOP - WLED Pixel Controller - $35.00 (Wrap Up)

I would love to sit in on the Jan 28th session if a spot is still available

You are good for Jan 28
Thansk

Thursday Jan 19 would be great for me

Hi Bob,

Can the 3 of us join the Sun Jan 22 session please?

Kind Regards
Ian

Hi All,

The Wed Jan 18th & Jan 22 workshops are full…

Thursday Jan 19 (7:00PM to 10:00PM)
Saturday Jan 28 (9:00AM to Noon)

The above dates still have openings…
If these don’t work for anyone I can probably arrange other dates…

Hi All,

Just a reminder that you need to bring a laptop or smart phone to the workshop in order to access and configure your WLED controller!!!

Hey Bob, Ivan told me about the workshop… im interested in the thursday class

For the peoples coming to the workshop tonight (@Marynn, @n0m1s, @yeungx , @Redrosesforever ) I am at the Space already if any of you want to start early!!!

2 Likes

Still space on the 28th ?

Yup…
Just eTransfer $35 to bobjohnson@shaw.ca and I’ll book you a spot…
Thanks,

Hi All,

The Sunday Jan 22 workshop is full…
Still have two spots in the Saturday Jan 28 (9:00AM to Noon) workshop
If that date doesn’t work let me know of other dates that do and I’ll schedule some more workshops

2 Likes

I have an updated build guide for the WLED controller…
VHS ESPixelPOP WLED Kit Guide Jan 2023.pdf (3.6 MB)

2 Likes

(Self-solved!)

So I immediately tried to connect to my wifi network and I’m now thinking that I may have messed up by mindlessly entering my 5GHz info, but now that it’s not showing up I’m guessing it’s only got a 2.4GHz radio in it, perhaps.

Any ideas on how I can reset the WiFi settings or the whole kit?

—-

Solution: Just unplug and re plug; the radio will turn on at startup, but doesn’t stay on. This was covered in the course and of course, I forgot. As long as you have the device’s AP data, you can use that. I’m now out of AP mode, connected to my home 2.4GHz WiFi with full function!

Sorry about that I should have mentioned that the ESP8266 are 2.4G only…
I will add it to the updated instructions!!!

Thanks

I ran into a related problem with this recently with my new router which doesn’t permit me to turn off band steering. Thankfully it had a feature to enable a smarthome 2.4ghz network on a mesh so 5g devices can still see the 2.4 ones.

This workshop was great. I have a kiddo that wants to be able to “raise his hand” in class except his disability doesn’t allow that range of motion. Going to set this up on his wheelchair so at school when he wants to talk, the lightshow goes off. Switch interrupted the power supply cable as a starting point to make it as easy to “push a button” to alert the teacher.

2 Likes

We could also look at a simple LED stick that can glow different colors based on some input…

1 Like

For anyone still interested in attending a WLED pixel workshop I will setup additional dates as required…
To attend a workshop do the following:

1. Send me the $35 fee via eTransfer to (bobjohnson@shaw.ca)
  2. Send me some preferred dates and times

I will schedule workshops around the requested dates

Thanks,

2 Likes

hello. Just sent the fee, early any Saturday is good. I guess I better practice my soldering beforehand.

Hi Chris,
The soldering is easy so I wouldn`t worry.
It not a bad beginner PCB to do as long as you take your time…
Lets tentatively plan for next Saturday (Feb 4) though I have a sometimes unpredictable work schedule…
You will need to bring a laptop or smartphone to the workshop (a laptop is best) for testign the pixel controller…

Thanks,