As per the discussion from the VHS Membership Cards post (VHS Membership Cards) I think it’s time for us to put together a membership card for VHS members for 2015!
VHS Member Cards can be used at some local retailers for discounts and to show off to new potential members to entice them into joining!
Let’s run the design for the 2015 VHS Member Card as a contest and have everyone that is interested post their design in a reply to this post and vote on the designs you like with the Heart button on the respective posts.
Submission deadlines are April 1st.
- Submission - now until April 1st
- Voting - a new thread will be created on April 1st until April 10th
- First delivery of cards April 30th (designers must consider this timeframe in their design, there is between April 10th and April 30th to actually build/get the cards delivered)
Generally guidelines for what a membership card is:
- Annual issuance of official VHS Membership Cards
- Year visibly printed on the card
- Annual redesign of the cards; at minimum a change in the year
- Card must have at least NFC capability to store a payload of member ID or card authentication token or future capability
- A nominal fee charged for a card to cover production cost
Most of the discussion around the cards is imagining credit card like NFC cards with graphics printed on them. We have a printer at the space for cards but unsure of what it’s capabilities are. For submitting a design, consider the entire card/token itself with the above constraints. It doesn’t have to be a plastic credit card, PCBs, acrylic, metal! Keep the costs as low as possible, printed graphics on an NFC card would likely run less than $5 per card but consider this in your designs.
At this stage there is no official prize other than creating a collectable item that VHS members will carry until next year!
All entries will receive the VHS Homework badge in the Discourse system.
For more info on homework assignments, see here