VHS Homework Assignment #2 - Make a Sign

1 Like

http://instagram.com/p/trLScXofHg
Huh. video shows up in the preview, but not in the final post.

1 Like

I decided to help the safety committee by putting up some warning signs.

4 Likes

For my sign, I offer up my secret sign suppliers:

http://www.dangersigngenerator.com/

I make all my danger signs using these free generators, and a color printer. If I had a vinyl cutter and some plastic backing board, I’d be unstoppable.

here’s a couple of quick examples, from link 3, and link 1, respectively.

1 Like

Does this count? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

works for me.

bump

Bump.

I’ve been meaning to do this for months:

Hey look! We’re not totally screwed if something goes wrong at the space! This will be posted right by the main entrance next time I’m around.

3 Likes

Not many people have handed in their homework this month and that means that there is not a lot of competition! You have a good chance to win the mystery devboard ! I won’t judge the sign making contest till Wednesday morning, So you have one more Tuesday open house to build a sign!

Two days left.
Make a sign !

This is one of the signs I made awhile ago: someone else added the googly eyes to it (the other sign is on the bathroom door):

And here is @sIGNgUY’s version of the sign (blurry because I seldom use the iPad for picture taking):

Inez

1 Like

Some “way-finding” signs made by me.

3 Likes

A washroom sign originally concieved by Inez and then modified slightly and manufactured by me.

2 Likes

Some safety signs requested by the Safety Committee:
Bottom three signs in the first pic are mine.

More safety signs:

Still more:

1 Like

Some signs for VHS-ARC:

This one hidden away behind radio stuff:

This one modified by some lout:

And this one modeled by some guy…

2 Likes

A really cool Display to be used for presentations and events such as FanExpo, Makerfaire etc:
Much thanks to Inez, Farrell and Butters for their contribution. The display unit is worth a couple of grand.
If you have an event where VHS can set up a table let me know and this Display could be part of the presentation. We can customize the graphics as needed. This display is 3ft tall but there is also a mini version that is about 2ft tall by 4ft wide!

2 Likes

A 3 colour (red/blue/PURPLE) one line scrolling LED sign. Kind of primitive but it is BRIGHT and attention getting. If you need to advertise VHS (and potentially blind people), this sign is also available. Can be programmed on the fly via a windows laptop. Email me for details.

1 Like

A few weeks ago someone posted a photo of the VHS Boys Club (last AGM) holding a ten foot by one foot vancouver,vanhack.ca banner that is normally used with the pop up tent. The photo also had a sandwich board in it. Both signs are my contribution to the hackspace. Unfortunately I cannot find that photo or I would have attached it…
Maybe Funville can find it and post it for me…

Oh and apologies for the shitty pictures… Captain, I am a sign-maker not a photographer…

Edited by @funvill to add the picture

1 Like

This tree once had the first sign that I made for the Bunker, shortly after we moved in. It was a two-sided reflective VHS placed atop the tree by Big Mike. Unfortunately in the last twoo weeks or so it has disappeared, the sign that is not the tree. Maybe the directors could ask our present landlord or property manager or whoever is responsible for our relationship with the bunker to give back this sign.

1 Like

The winner of the mysterious dev board is @sIGNgUY! You Rock! You have made most of the signs at VHS, They are awesome and you are awesome!

You have contributed so much to the space that you win two boards!

Tiva C Series Launchpad tm4c123g

Kentech Display touch screen display for the Launchpad (K320QVG-V1-F)

Anyone who posts a sign in this thread, with a sign that they have created for VHS will receive the the “Signs Signs, Everywhere a Sign” badge.

Next homework assignment

My first sign, but it makes me sad.