VHS Group projects - Vacuum table Star Wars armor

Continuing the discussion from Maker Faire 2016 - Group projects:

We could build a vacuum table and make Star Wars armor. I hear we have a member ( @miststlkr ) that has some experience in this area.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be Starwars armor, it could be anything, a group series of costume.

1 Like

The idea of a vacuum table has been brought up several times by different people and shot down every time by the “we don’t have the room” partisans.

My counter offer along these lines:

What is we got/build a number of RC car chassis [I’m thinking super basic small ones here, not the ones we’d all want] and build a small tabletop former. Make several plugs for various body styles. For a fee, the participant picks a body style, forms on the vacuformer, and paints/decorates as desired. Depending on the cost of the chassis, they either buy or borrow the chassis to take their body for a spin on a small track out in the outside area.

Alternative: same as above but with slotcars. I’d LOVE to build a slotcar track.

1 Like

I really, really like that idea! Years ago I was very into airbrushing R/C car bodies, and still have all my equipment and paints (probably > 100 bottles).

OMG love it!
Expanded on the idea in this post

1 Like