USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one!

Pretty fast … sadly not fast enough to save me the 15 minutes I spent this afternoon trying to figure out why a firmware flash kept failing … another cable into the dust bin.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Shipped. (was Tracking isn’t updating but I expect we’ll have them mid next week.)

https://www.dhl.com/ca-en/home/tracking.html?tracking-id=3702351133&submit=1

ETA December, 07 2022 - By End of Day

3 Likes

Shipment is making good progress. At least it didn’t go through the uk like the last two I made did.

Here’s the final accounting. We’re about $14 over. Some people paid $10, am planning to split the $14 amongst them proportionally. Is that ok? Would be silly to get 10c from everyone.

@robbat2 @Janet @cory pls DM email addresses and I’ll send you you change (or let me know if it should go into Donatio).

2 Likes

keep the change from me please - I added a few extra bucks as thanks!

2 Likes

Is that accounting for the duty charge? I always get dinged an extra $20-$30 when i order from jlc. Either way, keep or donate the extra from me as well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for checking. I chose DDP, delivered duty paid so I’ve paid all the duties to jlcpcb (which they pass on to dhl etc.)

The initial estimates were for 10-15 boards, the increase to 30 dropped the price a little, that saving covered the duties. You can see the duties and taxes in the invoice at USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one! - #37 by TomKeddie

This isn’t the bargain it seems like, the shipping price goes up when you choose DDP. I think the $15 processing charge is in the shipping charge. In my experience DDP works out about even but with an order like this, the convenience of one invoice wins.

3 Likes

You forgot to add in my payment

1 Like

Oops, so we’re $21 over. Will try to repay those who paid $10.

Boards are in!

I’ll work out a time for pickup.

@robbat2 I think you wanted me to mail them? Pls DM.

3 Likes

Works perfectly…
A quick way to find those pesky power only USB cables…
Thanks Tom!!!

3 Likes

but the battery is a camelion how could that ever end well?

2 Likes

I’ve messaged a few people, here are some options for getting hold of your board/s (in no particular order). I’m using paper envelopes for these boards on the assumption that leds aren’t especially static sensitive.

1. Left in vhs drop box
  2. Pickup at my house near the pne
  3. Meet me at vhs (Monday Dec 12th 4-7)
  4. Suggest something else
2 Likes

#3 and #1 work for me

If anyone ends up not using / taking, let me know. I am drowning in cables. Cool project @TomKeddie

vhs dropbox is great thanks @TomKeddie.

@chadleaman if also want to bring a giant bag of cables in for testing to the next toy hack, happy to help with my tester.

If you’ll be by the space before monday, then the dropbox works great for me. Otherwise I’ll just pop by on monday and pick mine up in person! Thanks for doing this, it’s much appreciated.

dropbox, thanks

Dropbox please, Thanks for putting this together.

Thank you for sorting this all out @TomKeddie.
I’m planning to go to the Make-It fair at the PNE on Saturday so pickup at/outside your place would be excellent if possible.

Kind Regards
Ian

dropbox please