USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one!

There’s been some interest on slack on a build of this cable tester from Alvaro (https://twitter.com/alvaroprieto/status/1594036248481771520)

I uploaded the design to jlcpcb and it’s about $US9 per unit assembled if we get 10 (there’s a coupon that it didn’t give me the chance to add so it will be a little less than what’s shown here). There might be taxes though so best to assume $US10 each.

Am looking for an indication of interest. This won’t need any electronics experience to be useful, it will arrive ready to use with all the parts in the correct place.

1 Like

Yes please

1 Like

If, for some reason, we hit 20 boards it’s cheaper. Again, may need taxes.

I’ll take one. Are you planning to get PCBA with all the components placed? Or solder it ourselves? Either way I’m in.

Prices are all in, with assembly. It’s not much of a fun build, lots of the same part in rows - what do people prefer? They are 0603 so the size isn’t terrible. We could also do a through hole version (with the usb-c preloaded) as a more useful learn to solder.

ME PLEASE!

i’ll actually take 2. one for me at home in a safe place i can find, one for me to travel with me and hopefully not get lost.

so 2 for me! =)

2 for meow

I’ll take two as well!

One for me.

one for me please.

one for me, thanks

One for me please

Oh yeah! One for me also please.

This only tests continuity of each pin, correct?

I’ll take one, plus if someone 3d prints a case for it, I’ll buy one of those as well.

Cool! Coming back to this after just 8hrs and we’re all in it seems. Thanks for the support.

I’ll leave it open for a few more days or until we hit 20. At this stage we have

2 x tomkeddie
1 x packetbob
1 x lukecyca
2 x omid
2 x fish
2 x cory
1 x majicj
1 x jon
1 x steveroy
1 x mike
1 x janet
1 x hectorh

That’s 16!

I’m thinking I’ll ask people to put in $CA7 etransfer to cover most of the cost and we can sort out any extra later. Assuming 20 pieces, 113USD is about 152 CAD, that’s about 7.50 each plus taxes (if any).

Fantastic, I was wondering about these, but I really don’t have the time to solder them myself.

Qty 5, so I can give some as holiday gifts to some geeky friends.

Cool, we’re now at 22.

4 x tomkeddie
1 x packetbob
1 x lukecyca
2 x omid
2 x fish
2 x cory
1 x majicj
1 x jon
1 x steveroy
1 x mike
1 x janet
1 x hectorh
5 x robbat2

Unfortunately as you spend more the shipping options become more limited but the pricing for 25 looks ok. Is about $CA7 each before taxes (which will be about $CA2 per board unfortunately).

I’m going to call it at 25. Please etransfer $CA7 per board to me as tom@bronwenandtom.com - I’ll order once everyone on this list gets money to me.

@packetbob
@lukecyca
@Omid
@KittyCat
@cory
@Majicj
@jon
@SteveRoy
@mike
@Janet
@hectorh

3 Likes

And sent - thanks for doing this. If anyone finds a printable case design for this let me know. (I’ll print you one for free @hectorh)

If I’m not too late I’d like to order one please?

Thanks
Ian

2 Likes