USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one!

Dropbox works for me

In the dropbox now.

4 Likes

^
@Majicj
@covertneko
@Janet
@cory
@hectorh
@KittyCat

3 Likes

Thanks Tom - great to have you back more often and designing/making stuff. Appreciate it.

1 Like

@lukecyca @SteveRoy @hjsvhsweb I still have your boards.

Dropbox for mine and I can pickup @hjsvhsweb at the same time if he wants
Thanks

2 Likes

@@SteveRoy

Perfect, yes please and thanks @SteveRoy.

Sweet thanks @TomKeddie! Got mine!!! You are awesome. Also good to see you tonight.

1 Like

I just had a successful test-print of my case design this afternoon, and everything’s working pretty well (except the screw tower, see the github repo for more) and it’s ready to print/laser, if you want your own!

stl and dxf files are here:

If anybody wants the fusion360 project, lmk and I can share it. It’s pretty parametric, so you should be able to tweak it relatively easily.

4 Likes

Thanks @cory - such a great design!!!

I printed @cory’s design in pla! Looks great! The screw is definitely not needed.

I used .2 line height, 25% pla with supports, 215 nozzle, 60 bed, 50mm/s, on a ender3v2. Took about 3 and half hours. Friction fit is great and the board is held in there nicely.

If anyone wants to make one, there is lots of filament at VHS right now - yellow, dark purple, light pruple, red, and green. This would be great on the tinkerine or prusa.

@cory how thick is that acrylic?

Edit: and now, an action shot!

3 Likes

2.9mm. Less won’t friction fit, more might work - but probably not. That salvaged clear acrylic in the laser pile works perfectly - and i’m happy to cut panels for anyone who isn’t approved on the laser yet!

2 Likes

Can you cut one for me too meow? Or can someone also print one for me too? Meow?

1 Like

@hjsvhsweb @lukecyca

now in dropbox

Dear USB tester parents,

@SteveRoy reported to me that his micro usb connector only works intermittantly now. Unfortunately this is a common problem with SMD usb connectors, they’re fragile as they have little mechanical connection to the pcb.

I suggest everyone add more solder to the points at which the metal casing meets the pcb to improve the robustness. Take care not to apply too much solder as can flow inside the case and prevent the plug from being inserted (solder wick generally fixes this issue if it happens to you).

Using a case like the one Cory designed is also a good idea.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

I usually put a dab of epoxy on them as well.

2 Likes

I also almost broke mine too. I noticed the lack of solder on the micro USB port. It popped off first attempt of connection actually…

Add some solder to the two little legs meows.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.