USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one!

@cory that is amazing! Thanks for that design.

1 Like

Last minute change of plans, there’s a $20 off $50 coupon coming out on Thursday, will submit then and pass on the savings.

1 Like

If that means there’s still time to join in, I’d like 2-3 if you can reach the next increment before ordering

1 Like

Yep, as above send me $7 for each board you want. The coupon will likely cover the taxes. I’ll round up to the next multiple for 5 and hold the boards at my expense.

@mike you’re good for that second board too.

3 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you!

I’m very excited that you are doing this and appreciate it greatly!

I have sent my thing and you should have it in 28 minutes!

1 Like

I placed the order this morning as planned.

7 Likes

The next increment after 30 was 50, I didn’t want to take that risk. All 30 are spoken for, I need to refund Patrick but I don’t have your email or slack handle to contact you.

1 Like

PCBs are done.

SMT is on hold waiting for the pcbs.

6 Likes

SMT complete overnight.

5 Likes

Pretty fast … sadly not fast enough to save me the 15 minutes I spent this afternoon trying to figure out why a firmware flash kept failing … another cable into the dust bin.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Shipped. (was Tracking isn’t updating but I expect we’ll have them mid next week.)

https://www.dhl.com/ca-en/home/tracking.html?tracking-id=3702351133&submit=1

ETA December, 07 2022 - By End of Day

3 Likes

Shipment is making good progress. At least it didn’t go through the uk like the last two I made did.

Here’s the final accounting. We’re about $14 over. Some people paid $10, am planning to split the $14 amongst them proportionally. Is that ok? Would be silly to get 10c from everyone.

@robbat2 @Janet @cory pls DM email addresses and I’ll send you you change (or let me know if it should go into Donatio).

2 Likes

keep the change from me please - I added a few extra bucks as thanks!

2 Likes

Is that accounting for the duty charge? I always get dinged an extra $20-$30 when i order from jlc. Either way, keep or donate the extra from me as well! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for checking. I chose DDP, delivered duty paid so I’ve paid all the duties to jlcpcb (which they pass on to dhl etc.)

The initial estimates were for 10-15 boards, the increase to 30 dropped the price a little, that saving covered the duties. You can see the duties and taxes in the invoice at USB Cable tester group order - you know you want one! - #37 by TomKeddie

This isn’t the bargain it seems like, the shipping price goes up when you choose DDP. I think the $15 processing charge is in the shipping charge. In my experience DDP works out about even but with an order like this, the convenience of one invoice wins.

3 Likes

You forgot to add in my payment

1 Like

Oops, so we’re $21 over. Will try to repay those who paid $10.

Boards are in!

I’ll work out a time for pickup.

@robbat2 I think you wanted me to mail them? Pls DM.

3 Likes

Works perfectly…
A quick way to find those pesky power only USB cables…
Thanks Tom!!!

3 Likes

but the battery is a camelion how could that ever end well?

2 Likes