The Doughocracy - Sourdough Starter Requests, Results, & Bread Talk

Could I please get some?

1 Like

Of course! I’ll bring some in and leave it in the fridge for you. Will pm when there!

Made some english muffins tonight. Used this recipe:

Turned out pretty tasty. I subbed soy milk for milk. Can’t tell the difference.

Google Photos

3 Likes

those look amazing. gotta try that

1 Like

I was happy then turned out so well - although I may have eaten 6 today lol. I like that they are not a 3-day baking affair.

1 Like

Those look so awesome! This is so great to see all the awesomeness being made with sourdough.

1 Like

4 Likes

Okay that looks amazing!

It’s been 10 days without a sourdough post. What’s happening!!! :smiley:
I had some of @tristanL’s black market car trunk sourdough pancakes last night and they were really amazing.

1 Like

Haha thanks! Here’s the recipe in case you feel like setting up an impromptu sourdough kitchen off the back of your vehicle

520g sourdough starter (1:1)
2tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp maple syrup/honey
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vinegar
2 eggs
1/2tsp baking soda (mixed in right at the end)

3 Likes

Thanks! They were really good!

oops…

2 Likes

Aww fuck it, You guy have tempted me with your picture of doughy goodness for long enough. I am converting to the dark side, does anyone have a jar of starter for me?

2 Likes

if i still have a glass jar. i can drop one off tomorrow.

i obvously have more than i have room for. lol

1 Like

i has jar so you can has starter…i’ll leave it in the fridge with your name on it

1 Like

Thank you. I will show off my results as soon as I have them.

2 Likes

Just put some dough on to ferment for this recipe. Hope it works out. Will bake/report back tomorrow.

Sorry time! While I was making this a blob of sourdough fell on the floor and Crumble the cat jumped on it and ate it before I could clean it up.

Apparently that can be a big problem for cats and dogs because it keeps rising/fermenting in their stomaches and can give them alcohol poisoning.

The cat is definitely a bit tipsy I think. I called my vet and he said to only worry if the cat stops eating or starts behaving strangely, but the cat will probably be fine. lol. So - if your cat is a freak, watch them around sourdough.

More details on what happens if your pet eats dough: Ingesting raw yeast bread dough can pose a significant health risk to pets

Obligatory freak cat photo – yes he wants more sourdough.

Google Photos

2 Likes

That focaccia recipe is really excellent! The only change I made was to cook it sooner. Did not do a 12-24 hour ferment…more like 6. The dough doubled in that time because my apartment is very warm.

Google Photos

2 Likes

With people spending more time inside, it’s the perfect time to make sourdough. :smiley:
Show us your buns! Sorry for that cheeky remark. I’ll show myself out now.

2 Likes