The Doughocracy - Sourdough Starter Requests, Results, & Bread Talk

@neumannaudio awesome! Let us know if you’d like some starter.

1 Like

I had my starter on the counter and it exploded!
I’ve fed it and put it in a larger jar.

I’m very new to this, might try a loaf this weekend.

1 Like

Haha yep the starter jars are much too small, gotta transfer it to larger jar or container and feed it. Good luck and happy baking!

1 Like

I’m baking some loaves today. I’m finding turning this into a 3 day affair works pretty well for me. The loaves rise overnight in the fridge and then I just chuck em in the oven. I put rosemary in this batch. We’l see how it works out later.

I would love some. Thank you!

1 Like

@neumannaudio Great! Will bring some in tonight.

1 Like

Round 2 looks good!!!

3 Likes

That’s just mean! :slight_smile:
In the nicest way

1 Like

wow! seriously good looking. Do you add water or steam?

1 Like

I don’t add any water - just cook in that covered cast iron pot with lid further up in the thread. The recipe I use calls for baking covered to a certain point and I think that helps with steam/crust.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-sourdough-bread-224367

Edit: can confirm - total awesomeness - the rosemary I added is good - will add more next time.

Okay, I’m out for multiple weeks, but when I get back in January, I’ve got to pick up a starter from someone. That bread just looks too amazing.

2 Likes

Sweet - we have you covered!!!

I am commandeering the name of this starter and proclaim it shall henceforth be referred to as “Doughoccracy”

You’re Welcome.

2 Likes

It’s about time someone did that.

Edit: I have re-titled this thread appropriately

1 Like

@neumannaudio starter is in the fridge for you in jar with your name on it. I fed it before I dropped it off so should be good for a bit. Also see lots of other starter in there from @TristanL

Anyone else baking yet?

Edit: you can also make pizza dough with it…Sourdough Pizza Crust - In Jennie's Kitchen

2 Likes

Those are some swish looking boules my homies
If there’s any left after such a frenzy maybe I’ll try a pizza dough

1 Like

There’s around 4 left in the fridge, I will take them home after tomorrow night, so grab a jar before then. @lukecyca, @SteveRoy did you pick it up yet?

1 Like

I’ll grab it tomorrow night if it’s still good?
thanks @TristanL

Sourdough english muffins

4 Likes

Not enough!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Those look great!