Taig CNC Mill Training

I’m pretty busy these days, but if I’m free I’d definitely be interested.

I’d love a refresher thanks! Name a time and I’ll try to make it work - my time is starting to get a bit more flexible for the first time in 3 months (oh how fun life has been for that time…).

refresh + advanced topic?

Please add me to the list for milling 101.

I would like to have a refresher too.

@jimmy @salil can you make it 7am this Saturday?

1 Like

Yes I can

I’ll see you at 7am Saturday :3

@Dmo
@colorcoded
Added to the list.

@xquared
What kind of advanced machining would you like to cover?

@imsofluffy
Sorry classes start early on Saturdays

@Rebel_without_Clause
@Majicj
@SeanPo
@rsim
@stchhx
The refresher will cover programming and machining of a complete part. The first one will be Tuesday 24th July, if that doesn’t conflict too much with the open night.

@jimmy
@salil
Please bring $60 and any models or parts you want to discuss.

2 Likes

Thanks anyways. Please keep me on the list for the next round :slight_smile:

What time do we start and end on July 24th evening? 6:00 pm sounds good. Thanks Brian!

Thank you for the add!

i would like like to know some better zeroing techniques, especially for the z-axis
setting up multiple workspace coordinates so you can mill multiples at the same time would be nice as well

@imsofluffy
Will do, but this is typically when the classes are.

@Rebel_without_Clause
6:00 sounds good.

@xquared
There isn’t much to do about the zeroing except testing and getting better at it, or getting different tools like a tool setter. Could look into making press fit plastic collars, they can be somewhat repeatable. Work coordinate systems are a good one. If you have a project you want to tackle we can cover that too.

Y axis had a bit of play, so I adjusted it. The machine is a little bit squishy and needs some adjustment. Will probably cover that on Tuesday.

Filled up the oil can. Don’t forget to oil the ways!

Where is the 6mm? I will bring a new one by.

Where is the old vice? Who’s vice is this? Edit: Found the vice, it was sitting inside of the Grizzly.

3 Likes

Made a washer for the z axis column so it can be done up tighter.

5 Likes

i want to make a mold for the plastic injection machine. we can set up that as a multiple.
Should i show up for the Tuesday refresher?

1 Like

Aiming for the same, mold making for the Injection Molder.

The Groz vice is from the Grizzly - I guess someone swapped them for some reason? Please don’t do that, people - keep the tools with the machines they belong with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what time for the refresher?