Taig CNC Mill Training

Aiming for the same, mold making for the Injection Molder.

The Groz vice is from the Grizzly - I guess someone swapped them for some reason? Please don’t do that, people - keep the tools with the machines they belong with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

what time for the refresher?

@xquared and @Rebel_without_Clause and anyone else who wants to make something for the injection molder - here is a model of the face/holes of the mounting plate. Line up your mounting holes and injection point with the ones in this model. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am here now doing gib adjustment.

Sorry can’t come tonight, hope to catch up with you next time!

Hi everyone, is there anyone available to train me on using the CNC machine. I would like to use it but heard that it requires training.

Thanks,
Mounir

Added you to the list. What do you want to make?

Hi @Gear105,

Thank you for adding me. I see the waitlist has 18 people in it, and training happens only once a week with 2 people max. Does this mean I won’t be able to use the CNC until 2.5 months from now? Thanks.

Sorry I can’t make any guarantees. What do you want to make?

We are making a machine

What kind of machine are you making?

1 Like

Hi, I’d like to sign up for CNC mill training. Thanks!

Hi, I would also like to sign up for access to the CNC mill. Have a few aluminum parts I want to machine.

2 interested here! Myself and Katie McDonald.

Now that things have gotten slightly less crazy at work, I’d like to get in on the next training too. I bought a copy of the CAD files for this drag knife a few years ago and it’d be nice to actually finish something for a change. :wink:

@john42
@RolandClarke
@paulreimer

I added you to the list. Do you have any prospective projects?

@Arrgh

Can you send the project so I can take a look at what it will take to make?

Thanks Brian. No projects at this specific time. Still keen for the training if the opportunity arises however.

Thanks,

John

I’ve got a really simple project. Two machined aluminum parts with M3 through holes. Should not be hard. I’m making a prototype on the laser cutter with acrylic but most likely need aluminum for strength.
I’ve used milling machines before years ago when I was a grad student, so I am basically familiar. Never programmed a CNC mill, however.

1 Like

Are you using Fusion 360 to design your part? Is it ok to share the design?