Grants are cool

You might notice I’ve kinda boosted my smd workshop pace over the last few months. Thanks to @toma we have a substantial grant that we can use for parts. This has brought in lots of people from meetup and quite a lot of donations to VHS. We put the first two rounds of donations into donatio.

The donations from last night and any more I run (there’s still enough left for 3 more workshops I think) are going toward purchase of a quality smd toaster oven controller for the space.

So thanks to @toma for applying for the grant, keep your eyes open for other grants we can apply for.

6 Likes

That’s excellent. Thank you both @toma and @tomkeddie for the funding and the running of these.

1 Like

I missed the news. What did @toma do?

@toma applied for a Neighbourhood grant to hold soldering workshops, and he got it.

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap: @toma

The last three soldering workshops @TomKeddie has been running has been funded by a “small neighbourhood grant” that I received.

According to @TomKeddie they have been going really well (Good job Keddie!).

The workshops are free, all the costs of running them covered by me and all the volunteer work done by @tomkeddie.

4 Likes