SMD Soldering 201 - build a simple LiPo/LiIon charger - July 14th 7pm

For this workshop we’ll be building SMD lipo chargers by hand. You’ll have the option of hand soldering them or using paste and hot air or a toaster oven.

Parts kit generous provided by a grant, donation to vhs suggested. Ticket required.

People should have some SMD soldering experience. All tools and materials will be provided. Please consider bringing your own soldering iron with a fine tip - it is easier if you can keep working with the same tool.

More project details at https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10217.

July 14th @ VHS Cook St 7pm
Ticket required - get one at SMD 201 - smd soldering workshop, lipo charger (entry by donation, ticket required) Tickets, Thu, 14 Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite

3 Likes

Here’s my 18650 charger setup. The kit doesn’t include a holder, they’re a buck or so aliexpress.

I missed getting in on this build, but I’d be interested in another build of these, and super interested in a build that includes a boost converter and charger like this product, and has the Nokia battery connectors on the back! That way, you could piggyback this onto any of the hundreds of Nokia batteries we have. A mounting location for a JST connector on the front would also be good, in case you’re using regular LiPo’s. Maybe I will take a crack at designing a board if no one else wants to. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have pcbs for the adafruit 1000c quite a complex soldering exercise though.

Yeah, that one looks like fun. :slight_smile: Still, having an easy means of using the Nokia batteries would be useful as well.