Fundraising event Tuesday Feb 25- Pancake Tuesday Electrical Fundraiser

I’ll help out however I can. In the meantime I’m looking into some items on your wishlist @Metal_Janet.

3 Likes

A few of us were kicking ideas around tonight, and hit on the notion of $50 pancakes… basically a $43 donation to the space that gets you $7 worth of ridiculously fancy ingredients and an experience to remember. Like gold leaf, fruit juice caviar, pyrotechnics on your food kinda stuff. My home kitchen is pretty experimental, so I won’t have to gamble any money on ingredients.

Anybody down for some culinary stupidity for a good cause?

4 Likes

I have left a two burner induction hotplate and griddle in the kitchen
The induction needs two seperate pans (cause it needs to be magnetically isolated ) so maybe the cast iron griddle won’t be useable for both sides I’ll come up with something by next week

3 Likes

Also I can help but I won’t be able to be there till 7:30 or 8 pm

3 Likes

All you need is a wok and a spider
I do it all the time
Ventilation is a big issue though

1 Like

I’m pretty excited about pancake toppings and may need to stray from my usual lemon and sugar. I hear rumours of banana/nutella and other delicious things as well as the mega-watt 3-phase $50 electric pancake.

1 Like

What are the three price points for? Just different suggested donation values or actually getting different things?

1 Like

The $5 donation gets you a fairly basic range of pancake toppings-- butter and syrup, cinnamon and sugar, lemon and sugar, berries and whipped cream, cheddar cheese.

The $10 donation gets you fancier toppings-- banana nutella, pancakes suzette, bananas foster, cherries jubilee, ham/cheese/onion.

The $50 option is a surprise gourmet insanity pancake.

5 Likes

I’m in to help cook, take donations, etc. day of!

3 Likes

hi folks, I’m new here but I’d love to help out with the fundraiser. @Metal_Janet let me know if you need a volunteer for cooking and donation collection.

4 Likes

I might be inclined to making the pancakes sourdough, we do have to pay respect to the fact that VHS is a doughocracy now and converting the world to sourdough is our purpose.

Also welcome Aaron thanks for offering to help!

5 Likes

I was thinking about that… with the permit there is a prohibition on serving the public anything that has been prepared at home, so we can’t make this a dough-ocracy event, sadly.

However, if somebody wanted to get a little black market sourdough thing happening solely for VHS members, well separated from the main pancake production, I think I could look the other way.

4 Likes

Hi Aaron! I would love some volunteer help. The event will start at 7, but we’ll be setting up for an hour or two beforehand. Show up when you can, bring a hat or something to tie your hair back.

Thanks, and looking forward to working with you! It was nice to meet you and have a chat at the space on Thursday.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks Jon! Event starts at 7, prep starts at 5, show up when you can.

3 Likes

lol black market doughocracy - l love it!

2 Likes

Haha thanks for the heads up Metal Janet

2 Likes

Only one week until Electric Pancakes! Prepare yourselves for the mega-watt, 3-phase option. I have been sworn to secrecy so can say no more.

3 Likes

I have foodsafe, let me know if you still need people.

4 Likes

We have a Trello board (todo list). Please PM me your email if you’d like to collaborate.

2 Likes

Heya - some electric griddles would still be ideal for pancake making. Can anyone loan us some? We promise to take good care of them.

1 Like