Build a LipSync device

I have zero expertise / use of resin printers. Happy to learn, but idea is that “anyone can print” a lipsync so that may be a barrier fof some.

That said I am curious about resin builds etc when I need to make a bunch of something, or need something with smoother edges (there was a braille DND dice that FDM printing did not do any justice).

2 Likes

i hear ya. they work ok with FDM. just thinkin that resin might take them to the next level now that resin is becoming more common… I’m not a full expert on resin either but am also curious to learn.

brail DND dice? that would be amazing!

2 Likes

Grabbed my kits today to take home and assemble. Oooo so pretty!

2 Likes

Picked up my kit today, hopefully get it assembled this weekend!

2 Likes

Here’s the build manual (it’s a great one):
https://github.com/makersmakingchange/LipSync-Wireless/blob/master/LipSync_Manual.pdf

1 Like

Thanks! There is also a YouTube how to build that you can follow along with, whatever works best for your learning sytle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBXpbkp5DW4&list=PLhoPg9bDvBR4CSFRfNbQ87ALnfaHOyM3C

2 Likes

Coming along. I need to assembly line the next few kits so I can do all of the same component at once. Think it will speed me up a bit. I’ll still never be as fast as @packetbob. :smiley:

4 Likes

Behold the amazing LipSync/Raygun…Set to stunning…for design and making experience.

Thank you @chadleaman for the chance to build these. I’ve never made a whole one before and being able to test it with a mouthpiece is really great – really helps you understand what a difference it can make for people. What a fantastic design. Shout out to Milador and @jdmc for the super design and kit.

Notes from me:

• I lost springs but then my cats helped to find them
  • I am useless with video so followed the visual manual which is really helpful
  • had to clear out a few of the printed parts a little to make things fit properly (pretty standard)
  • managed to trash one of the arrow buttons during installation but will print a replacement at VHS
  • missing one female header but not a big deal - can find that part
  • did not superglue my hand to the superglue container #winning
  • one down, 4 to go.
  • now that I’ve made a complete one I’ll do the next 4 in unison (hopefully it’ll speed me up)
  • fav part: the jig for installing the force-sensitive resistors is excellent (clearly a Jedi design)
5 Likes

pew pew very appropriate for May the 4th!! Will put a couple of those female headers in my “master” kit at VHS later today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

extra bonus points for a photo that looks like a drawing. Very artful.

2 Likes

I have a kit that I unfortunately won’t have time to build it before I start my job next week. Does anyone want it? @packetbob, Chad mentioned you might be interested?

1 Like

I’ll grab it later today…

1 Like

Anyone else have pics of them doing their builds or their in-progress builds. Please post 'em here as we’d love to put a few on instagram and other places to get the word out about the lipsync, MMC, and VHS. No faces required of course, but always nice to see nerds at work. :stuck_out_tongue:

20210507_171021

4 Likes

Nice…

1 Like

Nice indeed! I have some 3d printed joystick components to go with those. @packetbob you still need joystick boards?

Anyone else (@xquared @jon @dbynoe) need anything?

Cheers all, Happy Friday!

2 Likes

Those printed so well @winegummo! I also like the colour combos.

Actually I just need four of the Rear Housings and I can complete four more LipSyncs as I have all the other parts…

After that I will have the following assemblies:
6x Main Boards
12x Pressure Sensor Boards
(These were recovered from the pile-o-stuff you gave me)
So they can be used in future kits…

2 Likes

i will get 4 of these rear housing to you bob.

If the weather is nice. i usually commute via motorbike and ride right past VHS.

2 Likes

@winegummo - thanks, let me know when you have dropped em off…

If anyone runs into issues with the various boards I do have completed spares of the main and pressure sensor boards that we can swap out with your suspect ones…

2 Likes