Anyone want laser cutter training?

Hey! I just joined and would love to get a laser cutter training!

Thanks!
Sylvia

2 Likes

I’m going to run the next laser training session. It looks like there may be four people looking for training:

@john42
@RolandClarke
@Sara_Mansouri
@sylvia

I’m thinking of scheduling it for Wednesay 17 (evening) or Saturday 20 (afternoon). Any thoughts / preferences / requests for timing? I’ll make a specific post for day and time tomorrow after getting any schedule feedback.

2 Likes

Hi, you can take me off the list. Already got training last month.

Thanks!

Good to know. Wasn’t sure when the last training was. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Aaron,

If it can be after 7pm-ish I’d be keen for Wed 17th?

Thanks,

John

laser cutter training signup post here:

Hi Aaron,

Sure, I’m in. Thanks!

John

When do you think the next training will be?!

I was planning on running a laser training again in November. Does Saturday Nov 10 (afternoon sometime) work for you?

1 Like

Hi Aaron, Unfortunately I will be away on the Friday and Saturday but I can be available Sunday afternoon or in the evenings during the week. Thanks!

Just a reminder to everyone that all training is done by VHS members who are volunteering their time to do this. They do not get paid.

While the trainers can and do make attempts to accommodate everyones schedules they also have busy lives too.

If at all possible please re-arrange your schedule to make the offered training dates.

Mark

3 Likes

I’m interested in the next available session. Thanks!

I would love to get into the next available session so I can help work on the group-build CNC project!

2 Likes

Hello hello. I just joined VHS.

I would love to be trained on using the laser cutter!

Thanks in advance to the people putting time and energy into this community and making these things possible

1 Like

My boyfriend and I want to take the laser cutting course- please let me know if there will be one soon (March 2019?)

Have the best day ever😊

Hey Joel- I saw you were interested in the laser cutting tutorial! If you found out any available dates let me know as I am keen to also learn this skill!

Hey @Amy and @joel the laser cutter is not yet operational at the new space. Some good VHSers are wrorking on getting it going (addressing ventilation and filtering), so stay tuned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I would like to attend the next full-length laser training course. When is it being run, next?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Jason_OBrien,
We’re working hard to get the laser back online at our new location. It could be a few more weeks. I posted an update here:

https://talk.vanhack.ca/t/laser-cutter-at-the-mullet/8837/6

2 Likes

Thanks Luke :+1: