Workshop – LED Pixels and E1.31 Control - $35.00

Ok sending now

1 Like

@packetbob sent those funds

Thanks Timothy…
2 spots left…
Poking @Lantana if you are still interested…

1 Like

Hells bells! My evening just opened up that night. I am also in!!! Bob lemme know where to send you money or can bring cash on the night if you prefer.lol - just read the backscroll and will etf you the cash.

Edit: and sent

Feel free to give away my spot. I don’t think I can get payment to you till the end of February.

All spots are now booked…
My thanks to all participants…
If anyone is interested in the workshop let me know and I will arrange another…
Though you may want to see what kind of review I get for the first one…

If you run another session on this I’d be interested in attending. Alternatively, if you have notes for this project that would be great too. Thanks for your time. Pat.

I will definitely be running another session…Do not want to commit a date till I get enough parts for the next round of kits… I do not have any notes at this point but I have put together a build guide for the included ESPixelPOPS kit and that has some information…

1 Like

I am still planning on running this workshop but will re-evaluate closer to the date (it is 2 weeks away)… Should I decide to postpone (or attendees want to postpone) we have several options:

1. Cancel your spot and refund your fee.
  2. Keep your spot and postpone for a later day when things settle down virus-wise. In light of the often difficult personal time scheduling I have no issues running the workshop a few different days to allow for differing schedules.

Bob

6 Likes

Hi hi,
Going to build a poll for this. Will get responses faster.

• Cancel your spot and refund your fee.
  • Keep your spot and postpone for a later day when things settle down virus-wise.
0 voters
1 Like

Hi All,
As you may have expected I will NOT be running this workshop next Thursday (March 25) but will be deferring it till the COVID-19 situation stabilizes. I will run the workshop again as soon as possible.

Going forward your options are:

1. I can refund of your fee.
  2. I can keep your fee and save your spot for a rescheduled workshop.
  3. I can keep your fee and save your spot for a rescheduled workshop but also get the E1.31 pixel controller kit (part of the workshop) to you. You can then build and play with it while you are stuck at home. I have written a detailed build guide that should make it easy for anyone to put one together and start using it. You can find the guide here: VHS ESPixelPOP Kit – zappedmyself.com

Since I have not ever actually run a workshop like this and it involves a bit of setup (and a variety of things working) I may do a dry run on the evening of March 25 anyways. If a few people want to watch, I’m OK with it (at this point)…

PM me with your preference…
I’ll send a direct message to anyone I don’t hear from…

3 Likes

Originally I was thinking just do the refund thing but realized that is a pain and I know you’ll run it later so I’m good. (2. i.e. keep fee/save spot for laterz)

I`m also toying with the idea of trying to stream the presentation from my basement just to keeps things going… Gonna try Zoom and a web cam…

3 Likes

live! from bob’s basement!! its Saturday night!

2 Likes

With special guests: his insane cats.

And as an added feature I will also introduce you to WLED
This software will run on the ESPixelPOPs board (or pretty much anything ESP8266/ESP32 based) and will let you control a whack o leds from a web page or a IOS/Android app…

Here is a badly lit (along with horrible camera work) video of some pixels (in a old light fixture) running some of the preset effects built into the WLED app… I used a ESPixelPOPs kit and just loaded the WLED firmware instead of the ESPixelStick firmware…

I believe with WLED you can setup multiple controllers that can sync for all your rave action…

1 Like

For peoples interested in getting their kits I’ll be dropping them off tonight at the Space around 7:30ish…
Right now the following have indicated that’s what they want:
@Hekseskudd
@3bien
@captain_semtex

Let me know if you want to be added to the list…

1 Like

I’ll just wait till this happens whenever that may be

I will be at the Space tonight at 8:00 PM to hand out kits to anyone that is interested…
May help tide over the time we have to all self isolate…
I can leave kits for peoples if requested but be aware that the Space will be closed starting this weekend and you will not be able to pick it up…
I can also arrange other drop off nights on request…

1 Like

Please feel free to message me about dropping kits during our off time. The board would be willing to make drop off’s work provided we can keep people safe. We’ll work something out :smiley:

1 Like