Work Party - Saturday March 23, 2019 @ 10 AM

Hi Folks,

Things need doing at the space, and we have a party coming up. SuperSmallHappyHackerHouse (SSHHH) March 30th, 2019

So lets finish some stuff up. Come by the shop Saturday March 23, 2019 @ 10 am until we all get sick of the place.

Plan is to start the day by taking a tour of the space with the group, and together update our master plan lists of what needs doing for each area. We can then pick away on these for the rest of the day (and beyond!).

If you have a particular space project you want to champion and need some labour this would be a great time to make it happen. Can’t make it? Post below if you have a specific idea for something that needs to happen, but keep in mind, we run on a do-ocracy, volunteers get to decide what to work on and how it gets done.

Possible things are:

• Cleaning the junk out of the metalshop
  • Setting up the clean room
  • Stocking the display cabinets upstairs
  • Unboxing things from the move
  • Organizing shelves
  • Fixing the window upstairs
  • Finishing the flooring upstairs
  • and more!

Everyone welcome, and non-keyholders: this would be a good time to come down, meet people and earn some vouches, volunteer commitments aren’t required, but they help.

2 Likes
  • relabelling containers so they can find their own way home. library science ftw!
1 Like

I’m probably going to be busy on Saturday, but what would be really, really helpful for me, is having a somewhat-consensus on what our areas “are” in terms of labeling and championing.

So, we have two pages on the wiki that are very, VERY outdated. Like, several-hackspaces-ago outdated. So their work sections aren’t relevant to the new space.

area [Vancouver Hack Space] I’d like to work on this page and make it accurately reflect the space we currently have, and our systems of organization. But I’m unsure how these labels reflect the space we’re in, and what needs to be updated / changed.

tool:compendium_of_champions [Vancouver Hack Space] Same with the compendium of champions. Do we even have a solidworks workstation anymore? If so, where is it and what does it look like? Once we have things labelled, we can put out a call to actually have champions to contact in these areas and tools.

Also, have we added any new tools or goodies that don’t have champions that should be listed?

WHY IS THERE A HALFLIFE 2 SCREENSHOT IN THE FUME HOOD SECTION!!? WHAT IS THIS!? WHO DID THIS?

2 Likes

I’ll come by on Sat for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for organizing this work party - super awesome!

With regards to sorting out the wood shop area, one thing that would be helpful is for the “poisons” cabinet/locker to find a permanent home. Currently it is obstructing access to some of the shelving.

@dbynoe mentioned on slack that it could possibly live in the Clean room?

I won’t be able to make it this weekend, but if that locker could find a home, that’d be helpful with the rest of the wood shop organization.

Thanks!

So much amazing stuff happening today! Thanks everyone who came out and who are still there!

3 Likes

@Metal_Janet doing some paint prep work on the front doors/window!

There is still lots of work to be done. Calling all members to come and help out. No matter how small a task every little bit helps get us closer to a shiny new space that we can show off and attract new members. Sweeping, dusting, organizing, painting, social media posting, picking up garbage on the street around the space. Smiling at strangers walking by and telling them about VHS. It all needs to be done :slight_smile:

Please don’t wait and show up when everything is done.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.