I’d like to see more good photos of people’s work, and publicly sharing it helps show off the space to potential new members.
- It must be your project.
- you must be a VHS member to enter.
- It should be a clean “product photography” style setup shot - not just a quick snap. Take your time, think about lighting, composition, etc.
- a lite touch with editing is encouraged.
project and photos should be “made at VHS”- to a reasonable judgement call. Suspending the rule thanks to Coronavirus
- photo should be new - shot after the announcement of this contest.
- to enter, post your photo, or a link to it, in this thread.
- share your work on social media, tagging VHS in it.
- there’ll be a separate voting thread after submissions, to avoid giving over benefits to early entrants.
- feel free to post more than one photo to this thread, but I may request you narrow it down before voting, and a member is only eligible for one prize.
- Awards will be by vote, with bonus points for:
- providing a setup/explanation shot of your photo setup for others to learn from (in another thread is fine)
- sharing the work on social media, tagging VHS
- including the VHS logo / name in the image.
- I may change or amend the rules capriciously and arbitrarily if I feel the need to better achieve the intent of the contest.
- By entering, you give VHS permission to feature your photo on the website or in the space.
- <=9 entrants, I’ll donate $25 as a first prize.
- 10-19 entrants, I’ll donate $30 first prize, $5 second prize
- >=20 entrants, I’ll donate $40 first prize, $10 second prize, $5 third prize.
I’d welcome it if anyone else wants to chip in for prize donations!
Entries in this thread by Midnight Pacific Time on April 30th.
- Voting will take place in early May.
- Extended indefinitely due to VHS Covid concerns.
Let’s see some nice shots of VHS projects!