Tour Requests from Non-members (or new members!)

Hi Brian,

Thanks I will stop by tomorrow between 5pm - 9pm for a quick tour. :slight_smile:

Danielle

hello, i would like to book a tour please. iā€™m typically free on wednesday afternoons between 2 and 4pm. iā€™m hoping someone can show me aroundā€¦

1 Like

Hi @Troy33,

One of our volunteer hosts, @sampath typically opens the space from 10am - 4pm on Wednesdays. You should be able to drop by, ring the door bell, and someone will be there to give you a tour.

1 Like

Hi @TristanL,

Thanks for giving me a tour of the workshop yesterday! :slight_smile: Do you know if there are any upcoming Lasercutting workshops weekday evenings anytime from 6pm - 10pm or on the weekend?

Hi @Danielle and welcome to VHS! @TristanL is great, eh?

He does have a couple laser training workshops coming up, but they are for members only (tool:laser_cutter:training [Vancouver Hack Space]) Next one is Wednesday at 6 and think he has a Saturday one as well.

1 Like

Hi @chadleaman,

Yes! @TristanL was very friendly and helpful! :slight_smile: I will definitely sign up for a membership and attend the 6pm workshop Wednesday. Thank you for your help. Excited to join VHS.:blush:

3 Likes

Hi @Troy33

I should be at the space next Wednesday. Feel free to ring the doorbell, and in the event that Iā€™ve stepped out for a coffee/have my headphones in - do give me a call. Iā€™ll message you my phone numberā€¦

3 Likes

thxā€¦ i will be there today!

1 Like

Hi! Super excited to stumble upon this community. Iā€™d love to get a tour of the place, and get started hacking! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sid! Iā€™ll be around tonight until 10 or so if you feel like coming by, otherwise Iā€™m sure there will be somebody who could give you a tour on the weekend.

1 Like

Hi Sid, Iā€™ll be opening the space between 12 and 4pm today. Iā€™d be happy to give you a tour.

1 Like

Hey @Metal_Janet, Iā€™ll take you up on the offer, can I come by after 5? Maybe like 5:30?

@JohnC thank you!

I could make 5:30 work today. Iā€™d have to take off a little before six, though, just a heads-up. See you then!

Iā€™ll be there at 5:15 or so, just in case you are able to let me in earlier. Otherwise, see you at 5:30!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I would be interested to check out VHS. Would anyone be available to show me around, please? This week Wednesday or Friday after 5PM would work best for me. Next week I could do any day after 5PM. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @michal,

Unfortunately we donā€™t have members at the space who can provide a tour after 5pm either on Wednesday or Friday this week. Check out our calendar here.

Any of the open member times is great time to swing by for a tour because we have a volunteer who has agreed to open the space then. If you have troubles coordinating with these times, please let me know and Iā€™m happy to pop over at an agreed time to give you a tour.

1 Like

Hi @michal, Iā€™ll be running a laser training on wednesday (tomorrow) at 6, but Iā€™ll be there by 5:30 and can show you around then if you like. Otherwise, like Brian said the best times are on the calendar for reference.

Hi @TristanL, that would be great, thanks! I will meet you tomorrow then at 5:30 :slight_smile:

Hi VHS, Iā€™m new in town and would love to come in for a tour. Is anyone available this week (Feb 7-12)? Any evening would work, and Iā€™m especially interested in laser cutting and 3D printing.

2 Likes

Hi Chris - I should be at the space Monday and Tuesday in the evening.

Happy to give you a demo of the laser cutter :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve DMā€™ed you my phone number that you can call when youā€™re at the space. In case I donā€™t hear the doorbell

4 Likes