Tour Requests from Non-members (or new members!)

Hi Metal_Janet - that’s perfect, I’ll be there around noon! I’m mostly interested in metalworking.

I’ll fill out the forms, then just knock when I get there?

Thanks,
Todd

2 Likes

Lol, you’re in luck, then.

I’ll have the space open, so you should be able to just come in, but if the door is locked for some reason, just come around to the bay door behind the building.

See you then!

2 Likes

Hey Hillary.
Are you coming to vhs for a tour?

Oh no! I’m so sorry, I completely forgot! I should have set a reminder.

Hi, I’m interested in coming down and checking out the space. I thought Maker’s Lab was the only type of environment in the area where I could work on projects. This seems way more what I am looking for. I know my Fiancee will be interested as well. I am a beginning leatherworker and I have a background (way back) in electronics and plan to dabble in arduino. I was a metalworker professionally for some time.

3 Likes

Hi @Scipio,

thanks for your interest. The best thing to do is to drop by during one of the designated times that a volunteer is at the space to open it up for tours: Events Calendar - Vancouver Hack Space

If you can indicate what time you are planning on dropping by here it will give a heads up to the volunteer. Thanks for your interest.

Hi @Brian_Stubbs

I saw on VHS’s Instagram page that there is an open house night on Tuesdays. Is that still being held? I can come down then! Can I bring my partner?

@Scipio. Yes the space is open both Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5pm to 9pm. You are free to drop by then. The rest of the hosted times are pasted on the calendar link above.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to join a maker space in Metro Vancouver, and so I’m interested in touring VHS to see what it’s like there.

When is the next available tour? I would like a tour asap if possible, does Friday January 15, 2021 (tomorrow) at 10:00AM work? I could also do any time tomorrow before 2PM.

Thank you! Stay safe and be well.

Hi Mozzarella,

Thanks for your interest. One of our community members, @JohnC, is scheduled to have the space open from 12pm - 4pm on Friday, January 15th. Feel free to drop in after 12pm and John should be there and able to answer all your questions. If you need to coordinate a different time feel free to message back.

1 Like

I’d like to book a tour for this Tuesday if possible!

Hi @Ali_Hakam,

The space is scheduled to be open on Tuesday from 5pm - 9pm. Yeung will be the person opening the space and should be able to give you a tour.

Yes i will be there. Tuesday 5-9pm. Just ring the door bell and ask for Yeung when you get there.

Awesome!

Hey! I’d love to book a tour of the space sometime next week!

1 Like

Hi @Nicola_Tindle,

Feel free to drop by the space at any of the times indicated on this calendar. Please reach out if these times don’t work for you. I live close by and I’m happy to swing over and give you a tour at a prearranged timed. Hope to see you around the space soon!

Brian

Hi! I am interested in becoming a member and taking a tour of the space. I am particularly interested in using the lasercutter. Are you available this week for a tour? I could do Thursday at 6pm or Sunday at 12pm. Let me know if these dates work or if there is a time you are touring a small group. :slight_smile:

Hi @Danielle,

The space will have a volunteer host there on Thursday from 5pm - 9pm. Feel free to drop by then. Either Tristan or Mimi should be there. Simply ring the doorbell and someone should come meet you and give you a tour.

Hi Yeung, I’m by the door ringing the doorbell

You can also check the back door and knocking on the windows, the doorbell’s been giving us trouble

2 Likes