Tour Requests from Non-members (or new members!)

Hi @Metal_Janet - I’ve got a job interview Friday afternoon, so I’ll be stopping by earlier (I’ll plan for 10am or just after). I’m sure it’s all the same to you, but figured I’d offer a heads-up.

3 Likes

Hi there, I’m interested in joining the VHS to do some woodworking and would like to take a tour, preferably with someone who knows their ways around the wood shop. Please let me know when I could stop by. I’m usually available in the late afternoon or evening.

Cheers!

Hey @RobbenRoll
I will be happy to give you a tour. I will be there tomorrow from 5 pm to 9 pm. I know the wood shop well enough to answer most of your general questions. If that time is good for you, just drop on by.

Thank you

Yeung

1 Like

Thanks, @yeungx. That sounds great, I’ll see you tomorrow!

Hi all!

Interested in joining VHS and would love to get a look at what you guys are up to.

I’m an electronics/software guy mostly, Current project is sourcing parts for this bad boy: Open Dynamic Robot Initiative · GitHub but it’s still mostly a pipe dream since I’m neither a machinist, and the IMU costs more than my car.

Was involved with a Tog (a hackerspace in Dublin) before I moved to Van, and would like to get to know the maker community in Van. Evenings M/W or daytime Th/Fri work for me, if anyone is at a loose end.

Hey, @jmcasey

I will be there today (tuesday) from 5pm to 9pm. I will also be at the space this friday from 12pm - 5pm. I would be happy to give you a tour. just come in and ask for Yeung. Oh we also have a couple of robot arm we don’t know what to do with. Something you can play with if you are interested.

Thank you

Awesome, thanks Yeung - will call over before work today, probably about 5:30pm :slight_smile:

Hi - I have a project in mind and wanted to see what VHS does. Also, I’m part of the Brit board and want to chat about incorporating maker space into the Renewal. Is anyone around this afternoon or Monday afternoon? - Thanks, Craig

Hi Craig:

The space will open this afternoon from noon till 4. There may be someone here later on this eve. Ring the doorbell of if there is no answer come around to to see if the back barn door is open.

Mark

hi Craig… hope you get a chance to get a tour. Just curious what you mean by

Hoping to stop by for a quick tour maybe around 2:30 today if that’s possible to arrange :smiley:

@Phillip_Ma Come by. I will be here. Ring the doorbell.

Links to Britania Renewal Plan

http://britanniarenewal.org

Britannia Community Centre is going through a major Renewal ($500M) over the coming decade or so. We’re planning the spaces right now and a community maker space is something we’d like to see included. We could really use some guidance on how it should be designed.

3 Likes

i dint know this. that’s great news. The city could definitely use more maker spacers.

Hey Craig
That is great news. I will be at the space today from 4:30 to 8ish. Feel free to drop on by and I will give you a tour of the space, and give you a sneak peek of what we are all about. I will also be at the space from monday from 10am to 4 pm. Just drop by and ring the door bell.
Thank you.

Hey, me again! I’m all membered up now, but I was wondering if anyone is in tomorrow (Sat 19th) to give my partner a tour who really wants to check the place out. She’s all about bone work and taxidermy and also wanted to check out the sewing and resin 3D printers for fine detail work. She’s has vaccine #1 and is a delight :slight_smile: (I’ll be along as well, but felt she could use a proper tour by someone who has been there more than twice!)

2 Likes

Yueng,

Thank you for making time yesterday. I got tied up with my kids and didn’t see your message.

I’ll drop by around 10AM on Monday.

Thanks,
Craig

Sorry Yueng. Scratch that. I’ll drop by about 3:30PM on Monday if that works for you.

Thanks,

Craig

No problem, see you at 3:30 monday.

1 Like