Tour Requests from Non-members (or new members!)

Hi,
I would like to request a free tour of VHS. I am available this coming Sunday, 6the June 2021.
Thanks.
Mario

Amazing thank you! I can come by 2:30 Friday, let me know if that works

Amazing Iā€™ll come around 4pm.

Iā€™m here early! 5pm. Just waiting at the front.

Hey @rees yes, 2:30 on Friday should work just fine, see you then!

Hiiiiii!

My name is Kai. I just moved to Vancouver from Calgary in the last month, and would love to get involved with VHS.

Iā€™m exceptionally available while Iā€™m on the job-hunt, so would love to drop by for a tour at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello!
I m Sergios I just moved from Calgary and I live in Coquitlam. I would love to start learning how to use woodwork tools such as table saw and miter saw. My first ambition is to make some picture frames for our new home and then maybe a bed platform for the back of my CRV. But more than anything my goal is to learn new skills and meet some new people in the new city. Anyone available this Sunday or next Friday or Saturday anytime?

1 Like

Welcome @KaiDotBlue and @serkaratzos

Iā€™m Janet, and I moved here from Calgary 5 and a half years ago, and (along with @dbynoe) have spent the last two and a half years doing my damnedest to turn VHS into Protospace, if youā€™re familiar with it.

Iā€™ll be hosting open hours on Friday June 11 from 9 am to 5 pm, so you can drop by for a tour any time that day. Kai, I expect Iā€™ll be at the space earlier in the week but I donā€™t know when; how much notice do you need to get down here?

1 Like

Wow, @Metal_Janet and @serkaratzos - weā€™ve got a true formerly-Calgarian crew!

Thanks for the welcome Janet. I am familiar with Protospace, and Iā€™m glad thereā€™s dedicated people out here making similar things happen.

Iā€™m A-OK to head down on Friday, since youā€™ll already be hosting open hours. Iā€™ll shoot to be there around noon. Seeya then!

3 Likes

Thanks Janet! I too will come at noon on Friday. That way all 3 of us ex-Calgarians can meet :slight_smile: looking forward to it! And yes indeed my brother was at Protospace and I visited once. That is where I got the inspiration to look for a similar space here in Van:)

2 Likes

@KaiDotBlue and @serkaratzos sounds great, see you then!

2 Likes

Hello! I was wondering If I could perhaps book a tour! My best times are 1 pm and later on Wednesdays and 2 pm and later on Fridays! I am a cosplayer, and while I donā€™t have any huge projects that require special tools at the moment, I can see this being a wonderful resource!

Oh, I also have an airbrush compressor that works that Iā€™m happy to donate - Didnā€™t know if this was also a good place to mention it or not!

1 Like

Would I be allowed to come in for a tour this Friday (June 11th) as well? My apologizes if you only take a couple people at a time!

@Redrosesforever sure, come on down! Iā€™ll be there until 5 pm, if you donā€™t get an answer at the doorbell, come around to the bay door at the back of the building.

Ack, I just got busy on Friday, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to come! Thank you for the invite in any case, and Iā€™ll have to book it some other time!

Hey @Redrosesforever no worries, thanks for letting me know. Iā€™ll be around on Saturday between 1 and 5 if that happens to work for you; if not, weā€™ll see you when we see you!

Hi there,

I would like to book a quick tour if possible, Iā€™m free Saturday all day if that is is convenient. Iā€™m a game programmer and general maker and have my first vaccine shot if that helps :slight_smile:

Iā€™m currently looking to do some welding repairs on my electric chopper as well as some simple metal machining, but am interested in any and all types of making. I was a member of Makerlabs for quite a while on and off but couldnā€™t justify the membership fee for how often I was making use of it and Iā€™ve always enjoyed the VHS vibe ever since it was back in the DTES.

Let me know! Thanks!

• Cash
1 Like

Hi Cash!

Iā€™ll be available on Saturday afternoon to give you a tour; drop by any time between 1 pm and 5 pm. I may be in the back welding, so if you donā€™t get an answer at the door come around to the bay door at the back.

Thumbs up on the covid vaccine, VHS is pro public health all the way.

MJ

2 Likes

Awesome, Iā€™ll pop by sometime between 1 and 5 :slight_smile: I have a friend who is also ex-Makerlabs who has been wanting to check out VHS for a while as well, do you have capacity for 2? Not sure about his vaccine status, but heā€™s been in isolation for basically a year now, poor guy :confused:

1 Like

@Cash_Garman Totally fine to bring him along. Vaccine status isnā€™t part of our covid access measures. As long as you can truthfully answer no, no, and yes when filling out this contact tracing form: VHS COVID Sign-in Form then youā€™re good to go.

I think at this point itā€™s just kind of assumed that the overwhelming majority of VHSers are reasonable people who will be getting the vaccine when itā€™s their turn, unless there is a specific medical reason why they shouldnā€™t. Since the beginning of the pandemic, some of our members have been working directly with frontline healthcare workers to address PPE shortages, so there hasnā€™t really been the kind of information void that allows conspiracy theory to gain a foothold. And for that I am extremely grateful.

3 Likes