[SHHH42 - Sept 21st] The Donation Thread - Door Prize Donation for SHHH42

For the next SHHH I’d like to see us have door prizes. I’ll pick up 50/50 tickets. If anyone can donate items that we can do as give-aways at the event please post below. Donations are very welcome. Besides being awesome - it’s a great way to promote your project or business. Thanks!

3 Likes

I will donate 1 autographed copy of Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy: Time Trout. This is book 3 in the Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy graphic novel series from Andrews McMeel (publisher of Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, and other fine comics). This book is coloured by yours truly.

LASER MOOSE AND RABBIT BOY RETURN!

Our heroes are back for a third book, and it’s about time! When a time-traveling fish causes problems in the forest’s past, present, and future, Laser Moose and Rabbit Boy need to set things right, with a little help from a raccoon doctor and a newly three-legged Frank the Deer. Available in stores: September 17, 2019

You can also pre-order the book here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [SHHH42] Activities/Ideas Thread

I can donate some plaster cast fridge magnets in assorted colors, from @Metal_Janet 's sweet hackspace design.

2 Likes

Just bumping this - as more donations for door prizes will really help make this event amazing. Things that would be good:

• dev boards or electronics kits
  • things made at VHS like Dave’s magnet donation (e.g. a lasercut set of drink coasters)
  • a small tool set you’d like to donate
  • a discount for a class or month of membership at VHS or elsewhere
  • anything else that is a product of making or encourages folks to make stuff
1 Like

Assuming they work in testing and I have them by then, I’ll donate a Bikeshed board kit.

3 Likes

Not sure about door prizes, but earnest ice cream donates to non-profit for events.
Since one opened up near by, should we hit them up for a few tubs?

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. We are still looking for donations so if you work somewhere that could donate products or services in return for promotion to a big crowd of makers and techies that would be very much appreciated.

I’ll buy a ~$35 multimeter from Lee’s and donate that… Or maybe two of 'em.

1 Like

Amazing - thank you.

I can get us passes to the Vancouver Artgallery. how does 3 sets of 2 sound?

3 Likes

oh my gawwd. Thank you Jim - that would be so amazing!

Uprising breads often donates end-of-day pastries as well - they’re practically next door

Not so sure old pastries would be good for a door prize but I’m sure all the volunteers running the open house would nom them down. Feel free to get in touch with them if you think you can scare some up @seanpo.

1 Like

Gave it a shot, donations are already spoken for that day. Maybe next time!

2 Likes

bump - the SHHH is next weekend so please scare up more donations and if you have already promised donations please get them to me by the SHHH. Thanks a bunch!

the gallery is giving us some show catalogues to go with the passes.

3 Likes

wow - that is so amazing. Thanks Jim.

Thanks for the all the awesome donations. If people would like to still donate something towards the Door Prize pool please feel free to leave a message here, join #shhh42 on slack and mention it there.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.