Resin 3D Printing Workshop Sunday Aug 16th

Hey Folks,

I joined as a new member about 3 weeks ago and have noticed at least a few other members interested in learning more about resin 3d printing. I myself have 2 anycubic photons, which I have logged several thousands of hours of printing experience with.

I’d be happy to bring one of my printers in a do a demo for anyone interested in learning, and just wanted to gauge the interest. Right now the tentative date for the demo will be Sunday August 16th, and will be free to join for anyone.

We’ll go over everything from setting up the machine (levelling build plate, changing FEP, etc.), to slicing and supporting your files, to different types of resins. We’ll also run a resin exposure test, cover safety when using these resins, and proper cleaning and storage of the necessary chemicals. I’m happy to answer any other questions along the way as well.

Join me for some printing fun!

5 Likes

Count me in!

Nice, I would love to learn how they work and how they can be added to other work flows.

Sure!

I’ll be set up for 12:30 this Sunday with everything. I’ll probably be in the space until around 4, so let’s make it a bit informal and say I’ll start the first demo around 12:30 and anyone who arrives after that I can go through everything again individually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, with Covid happening I had to hermit. Didn’t get it but someone at work did and we all were in quarantine so I wasn’t able to leave my house

1 Like

I will be donating my printers to the space fairly soon. They will require certification to use much like the laser cutter, as they can be fairly finicky, messy, fragile pieces of equipment. The certification process will include a full tutorial walkthrough of the process :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! Somehow I missed your tutorial post the first time around, but I am definitely interested in this :slight_smile:

1 Like

in the meantime, if there’s enough interest, I’d be happy to do a second workshop while we get the infrastructure set up. I can bring in a printer and run through the steps on a Sunday for anyone interested

2 Likes

Thanks for doing these @Sasperzilla - so awesome.

1 Like

My pleasure :grin:

1 Like

I’d be interested in the second workshop @Sasperzilla :slight_smile:

I’d also be interested!

I also would be interested in doing a workshop. Thanks @Sasperzilla.

I would be interested too! Thanks

seems like there’s plenty of interest, so I’ll put a second demo on the books for Sunday, October 18th.

for anyone interested, there is a new topic made that you can reply to to book your name into one of the two time slots for October 18th. Resin 3D Printing Workshop Sunday Oct 18th

Hi, do you still have a spot for 2pm?
I’m definitely interested to participate.

And thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
Emerson

yup! you’re signed up for the 2pm slot :slight_smile:

Heya, will there be another workshop in the future?