Random things that are in the way

Yeah the tvs all have a single bad backlight LED, but since they are wired in series it takes out the whole strip.

Thanks Chad that is a good thought. We have a new one that @Weas3l made happen which was bought with donated funds. So we are good. Also you should cast some resin stuff! Rumor has it there may be a workshop soon.

2 Likes

That old pot absolutely does not work. It was destined for a trash full that was missed. Use Freddy Mercury, the new pot when you want… Just empty it promptly or be alright with others emptying it when they need it

2 Likes

id be interested in the TV in the broken form possibly.

Ditto. I believe there are three or more…

Please don’t get rid of the White Boxes Labeled VHS. These are nitrile gloves for the space usage. They were nicely stacked before. I will find another spot for them if this is not appropriate.

1 Like

Ok. @adheesh @KittyCat I’ll be at VHS tomorrow during the day so if you want to work together with me on some TV repairs we can probably get all three of them working.

2 Likes

Sounds good! See you tomorrow :slight_smile:

I cleaned the laser material out of one of the whiteboards to get it ready to exit.

@Metal_Janet and/or @cfmjohn you both voted weak disagree with getting rid of one - do you want to elaborate, or should we go ahead and get rid of it?

@Emerson may have a home for it if we are getting rid of it.

1 Like

Could we offer it to sale for the membership first? Those things are expensive. If it’s still good we could maybe get a few bucks for it.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of sketching out ideas on a board - especially when trying to collaborate with 1-2 other people where a scrap of paper is a bit too small. Or even just to talk myself through a problem on my own. Drawing a quick picture fits the way my brain works.

I thought the boards might be able to fold away for easier storage and be pulled out quickly. If they can’t fold and are taking up a lot of floor space I don’t mind if they are moved on.

Edited to add: re-read the original post. I thought the proposal was to get rid of both. If we keep one I’d be happy - as long as we don’t use it as a long-term notice board where it can’t be used/erased.

3 Likes

We should also still have a white board up in the office which is fully erasable and also very handy for that sort of thing.

2 Likes

I’d be happy keeping one and having it in a useful location, where the silkscreen stuff is going to disappear from. Then if it still doesn’t get used, willing to reevaluate

3 Likes

Looks like a light box for photography stashed up near the ceiling which appears to have no name on it. Anyone know who this belongs to? Feels like this could move on to freecycling possibly. Thanks!

@TankGuy any chance that’s yours?

2 Likes

It is not mine. I can not remember who owns it but they commented that it was there a week or so ago. We do not know how it got up there.

2 Likes

Hello!

I placed the keyboard on the top shelf of the freecycle with a note- if it can be repaired or used for parts please enjoy.

If you’d like me to take it to recycling I can- I just don’t know where it is now.

Thanks

Just noticed this robot vac in this pic.
https://talk.vanhack.ca/uploads/default/original/3X/3/1/31ff44360e54cd54008efee99a2cab70b0e48936.jpeg

VHS kills roombas in the main shop. This is also a tripping hazard. Will move to the front offices which is a bit less industrial. If any objections just let me know thanks.

1 Like

If no one wishes to use or fix or take the keyboard apart, I would like to give it a proper goodbye and take it to recycling myself.

4 Likes

@jennefarious the keyboard was last seen in the e-waste bin today, so fortunately/unfortunately I think you’ll be able to say your proper goodbyes.

1 Like