Plumbed shop air (IS FUNDED*) work party this Saturday October 24, 1 pm. *pending final dollar figure

Hey guys,

Now that we have the air line successfully run out of the compressor shack, we can start running the rest of the shop air.

Proposed scope of work:

Main trunk line down length of the space (terminating at the craft table) ($260ish)
Branch line into Paint and mess room ($370ish, includes a filter/dryer and associated extra fittings)
Branch line into CNC land ($90ish)
Branch line into Wood shop ($60ish)

Fittings and pipe for this much work will come to approximately $440, plus about $200 for air dryers/filters in the paint and mess room, $30ish for each of two curly hoses, and $40 for other odds and ends like thread tape and whatever I’ve forgotten. (Edited to remove tool rental, Bill has generously offered to lend his pipe threader to the cause)

So we’re looking at something like $750 to get the shop aired up to this point. We will include ports at key points that will allow for future expansion to support air lines to the electronic area, the machine shop, the sewing area, and the main work table, should we desire an air line in these areas. (Assume that it will cost about $90 to bring air to your area if you do it now, or $150 if you want to do it later paying Lowes prices for pre-cut iron and fittings.

Who is willing to pledge some cash to making this happen?

Also edit: for reference, it cost about $600 to get the air to the point it’s at now, although that was paying the Lowes price.

Metal_Janet

1 Like

Hell Yeah, lets do it. Put me down for $50

1 Like

What are you running for pipe? I have a threading machine here, and likely get better pricing on pipe, and possibly everything else. I also have a bandsaw that is cutting very nicely (3" Dia high carbon steel bar in about 2 minutes)

2 Likes

I’ll throw $50 in.

1 Like

Running 3/4 black iron, B. A. Robinson is giving us the contractor’s rate of 98 cents per foot on the pipe, $4.89 on the cross tees, $6.80 on unions, $ 15.59 on ball valves.

2 Likes

I can do $40

1 Like

Count me for $50.

1 Like

$50 from me

1 Like

I can also chip in $50

1 Like

10 Bux from me.

1 Like

I’m in for $50!

1 Like

$20 here

1 Like

In for $80.

2 Likes

Put me in for $30.

1 Like

Ill throw in 20$

1 Like

OK, with a couple of off-line pledges, we are close enough to fully pledged that I’m going to go ahead and get the stuff (we’re 50 bucks under my estimate, so I’m going to get the stuff and see how much the actual total is, and then pass the hat for that amount. (I’m not chipping in on this one because I’ve already thrown enough cash at the air line project.)).

We’ll need about three or four people for a work party this Saturday to get this done. 1 pm.

3 Likes

I wish I could join the work party, but I’m working that day as an election worker. btw, there’s a big roll of strap iron in the furnace room with the electrical materials. I’ll dig it out and leave it next to the big air compressor tomorrow.

It’s this stuff: McMaster-Carr

3 Likes

I’ll contribute $50.

2 Likes

Ill be there saturday to lend a hand.

1 Like

I’m totally willing to help, but I just joined and not a key’d member… is that ok?

3 Likes