Plumbed shop air (IS FUNDED*) work party this Saturday October 24, 1 pm. *pending final dollar figure

For sure, and thank you.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be there at 1pm as well.

1 Like

Thanks so much to @3bien, @Pat, @Goatwind @Gorn and @TristanL for a phenomenal work party today! We got the main trunk line and the branches installed, and Iā€™m going to pick away at the final fittings over the next few days. Great job everybody!

8 Likes

So where should we send the money we have pledged?

Janet.mader@gmail.com password ā€œairlineā€

It looks like weā€™re going to be a bit under budget, so anybody who wants to hold off until I have the final numbers can do so, and Iā€™ll prorate it.

Alternately, if I end up with more than we spent, Iā€™ll dump the extra into expanding the air line into some of the other areas where it would be useful.

4 Likes

Hey Iā€™m at the space this morning and Iā€™ve noticed that the air compressor has turned on twice in the past 60 minutes or so. Iā€™m wondering if we have a slow leak somewhere?

@JohnC Thereā€™s a slow leak at the plasma cutter fitting, and I suspect thereā€™s another one o two somewhere else in the new stuff. We have a lot more unions now and I havenā€™t leak chased it yet; planning to do that tomorrow or Thursday. If itā€™s still doing this next week weā€™ll call out the bloodhounds.

4 Likes

Cool, just wanted to make sure it was a known issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

The compressor has been fixed; I replaced the shitty controller that was on it, because it was going over a buck 50, which it should not have been able to do, which suggests that the membranes or contactors are shot. Judging by the scorch marks on the inside my money is on the contactors.

The new one is much more readily adjustable, and has been set to cut in at 120 and out at 144. Spicy.

5 Likes

Thanks for fixing the controller on that beast. Good to sort those scorch marks out! It came with/was negotiated when we signed the lease but as far as I know itā€™s never been checked out like that. you rawk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.