Moving into the new space on Cook St

Some good news, just for fun I used the pallet jack to move a 48 x 40 inch
pallet into the space from the loading dock.

It went pretty smoothly!

3 Likes

Question for people who moved the last dregs of the Bunker:

How much loose material was there?

Is it worth bringing pallets to the Science World storage to load it onto?

There wasn’t really any loose small stuff at the very end of the night. If
we change our minds, there are a stack of pallets in the loading bay of the
Shoebox

Do we have a status on the truck rental? @iMakeRobots
https://talk.vanhack.ca/users/imakerobots

Current status is @toptekkie has volunteered to pick up the truck.

I didn’t rent the truck last time. I can call now and make the arrangements, but I won’t be out there in the morning to sign papers if needed.

I can help out in the morning until lunch. Although @iMakeRobots will be at Cook St. at 7:30, I imagine the biggest need is at the storage site? If not, and there need to be people at Cook before the truck arrives, let me know.

Otherwise, I can be at Powell St. ~8, if someone could remind me of the address.

see original post for updated details.

OK, if I’m wrong correct me:

1795 Powell St. → 1715 Cook St #104

See you at Powell at ~8 Cheers!

Yeah, except you probably shouldn’t repost doorcodes outside of members’ areas :wink:

D’oh!! (facepalm)

Truck secured. On the way to sw for the first load.

Hi all.

Would somebody at cook st please measure the access height of the loading bay? We need to make sure that the truck will fit.

As for the truck, penske gave us a truck with a shitty lift gate so Dan and Farrell are heading back to swap the truck with a good one. More updates to follow throughout the day.

1 Like

I measured when I was down last week:

The door frame is 3.028m high and 3.56m wide
or
9" 11" high and 11’ 8" wide

Steve

Holy shit your tape measure is good, down to the mm!!!

Bad news. The truck is 11’4" tall. Does anyone have any ideas?

9 ’ 11 3/16 " according to Steve Roy’s measurements. Please double check!

The truck is 11’4’. Were going to need to rent a forklift or a pallet lifter to get the big tools in. We can use the engine hoist for the lathe but not much else. I’m not able to take care of this over at Powell st. We need someone to lead the charge on this.

Bosch laser device
:slight_smile:

sneaky bastiges!

I’m just trying to figure out where you guys are currently… at first stab around 1795 Powell I can’t see a truck… my cell is 778.990.5105 in case my next move is ill informed, which is to head to Cook. Either I’ll see you guys there or can someone please call/text to instruct further. Thanks! Andrew