Looking for a way to help with the move? Choose an area and get it ready for moving. That means:
- Take stock of what we have. Do we have thousands of something that’s only rarely used? Keep a portion and purge the rest. Do we have something that’s totally broken, garbagy, and inexpensive to replace? Purge it. Not sure about something?
- Anything that belongs to member? Hassle them to take it home.
- Consolidate and pack into bins and boxes with lids. No open tops please.
- Start with things we don’t need for moving. Leave things such as tools, markers, tape, cleaning supplies, rags, boxes, etc. for last.
First round of areas that need adoption:
- Display cabinets
- Shelves under the craft table
- Shoeboxes (electronics area, wall warts, craft supplies)
- SMD electronics components
- Other electronics components
- Soldering stations & electronics test equipment & bench supplies
- Laser materials
- Server rack
- Woodshop - @mike
(this is a wiki post — feel free to add areas or claim them or link to other threads)