Material Approval Request: Krylon Dual Superbond Paint + Primer Gloss Black (Laser etch on spray painted aluminum)

Hello y’all!

I’m looking to get LCC approval to laser etch some sheet aluminum that has been spray painted with Krylon Dual Superbond Paint + Primer Gloss Black. Here is a link to the SDS for this particular product:

Dual™ SUPERBOND™ Paint + Primer Gloss Black

Many thanks!

Mike.

2 Likes

Not the same paint, and I’m not on the LCC but the figuring-out-if-laserable process in this thread might be helpful. (i.e. wondering if the MSDS is similar)

Always great to see more requests for materials to be approved for lasering.

1 Like

LCC is having a look at this and will get back to you soon.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing this request to the attention of the laser cutter committee (LCC).

Krylon Dual Superbond Paint + Primer Gloss Black IS APPROVED for use on the VHS laser cutter.

Please make sure that paint is 100% dry before cutting/etching. This means waiting longer that the minimum drying time specified for this spray paint.

If you notice any weird stuff happening when etching please stop and let the LCC know.

Not a requirement but I would love to see a talk post/writeup on the process of laser etching spray paint on aluminum.

Mark
(on behalf of LCC)

4 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks for looking in to this. I will be sure to report back how it goes, whenever I get the chance to actually do this thing… :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.