Howdy all! Here’s another fun kit build opportunity from Chad and the Makers Making Change (MMC) folks. With Covid restrictions on group build events, making assistive devices for MMC is very appreciated! This time it’s a couple of shorter builds than the LipSync.
Why build assistive devices for MMC?
- have fun and help people with disabilities
- use and/or learn electronics skills
- learn about assistive tech
- all the cool kids are doing it
How to get involved:
- Answer the poll or respond to this thread.
- Pick up kit(s) at VHS.
- Build the kit(s).
- Return by: June 21st (switch tester) and July 15th (proximity switch) or sooner!
- 10 kits available
- takes 1 - 4 hours
- requires: through-hole soldering including an IC (chip).
- 5 kits available
- takes 30 mins or so
- basic soldering
- great for beginners!
Please answer the poll:
- I can build a light proximity switch.
- I can build a switch tester.
- I can’t build a kit right now but maybe next time.
- I can’t solder but would like to learn how.
If you can build multiple kits please respond to this thread.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can pitch in to help! Go Team VHS!