Leopard Room Cleanup

Hello Everyone,

I’m actively working on creating some space in the Leopard (Furnace) Room and am proposing to dispose (freecycle) the following items. If they are yours or you care about these items please post in this thread or DM me.

1. Damaged Blank Banner (marked “DO NOT DISPOSE”)
  2. Grimey Clothes Steamer (marked "ON LOAN, NOT HACK)
  3. Small Projector Screen (surplus)
  4. Large Projector Screen (surplus)
  5. Bottle drying stand Sun bleached and with some damage
  6. Several packs of laminate flooring
  7. Sealed light fixture (marked "Paint Room?)
  8. Skateboard/longboard (electric?)
  9. Compressor (marked "New Dec 2015)
  10. Crate with misc electronics

4 Likes

1 Like

If no one claims them or otherwise objects then I may be interested in one (but not both) of the projector screens, depending on the sizes.

The bottle stand is key for wine bottling, if you’re making wine. Should be thought of in the same thoughts of the other wine stuff

Let me double check this, but I believe there are 2 bottle stands

@Rob_MacKenzie any chance you could take your wine-making stuff home or store it in your tote? If there is demand I’m sure we could keep it at the space but my sense is that it’s not being used, unless someone is planning a massive brew up right now. (which would be awesome) :smiley:

Hi,
Thank you for cleaning up the Leopard Room!

If no one is interested in the compressor, I am interested and can haul that away.
And the remainder of the projection screen is appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clear out @Beaconman . @Rebel_without_Clause please wait until current members have responded to this before claiming things. Thanks.

The electronics in the yellow milk crate are mine. I’ll take them back. They’re current sensing relays for the woodshop dust extraction project.

1 Like

Im interested in tinkering with the skateboard if it is unclaimed!

Either that or if it’s going to live at the space it should be being used at least every couple months.

So alternately, someone needs to urgently make some wine!!!

I’d like to suggest the same goes for the beer stuff. In my year and a half of being here I’ve only seen that stuff be empty, be in the way and constantly poke me in the knees.

So also I’d like to suggest if someone has an attachment to it being at the space (I have no objection), it’s time for some beercreation.

Yes, urgently! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tentatively put my name on one of the projector screens. Will wait a bit longer to see if the original owner claims it here. The other screen has a big sticker that says “DO NOT DISPOSE”.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure VHS owns one now that I think about it…for workshops requiring a projector…

Is this the VHS one? I won’t take it if it belongs to VHS, of course.

I’d donated it to the space, I don’t really have room. If it needs to go, I can start asking around. I can at least cut it down, we ended up with too many carboys.

1 Like

Hey for sure. I don’t know the dealio on these. @TyIsI or @JohnC will I think. Thanks for checking!

Hey thanks. We could also freecycle them if that makes it easier. That is unless someone decides to homebrew which would be awesome. I’m not meaning to run them out the door if people are going to use them, just figured I’d ask the question.

Based on comments from the community I would like to propose the following:

I understood that the authority to remove items from this room lies with TSC or BoD, please don’t remove or take any of the following until we have their blessing.

1. Damaged Blank Banner (marked “DO NOT DISPOSE”) - IMO the “Do Not Dispose” label does not mean anything without a reason why or contact person. It is damaged and neglected → @ddq wanted to claim it, otherwise freecycle shelf

2. Grimey Clothes Steamer (marked "ON LOAN, NOT HACK) - Obviously not used in a long time, belongs to someone, not clear who. Move to sewing are to use or dispose at their discretion.

3. Small Projector Screen (surplus) - Projector screen in storage limbo is useless, any plans to mount/use this anywhere? Otherwise, sell/freecycle or claimed by @ddq

4. Large Projector Screen (surplus) - Projector screen in storage limbo is useless, any plans to mount/use this anywhere? Otherwise, sell/freecycle or claimed by @ddq

5. Bottle drying stand Sun bleached and with some damage - Rob_MacKenzie donated this + the rest of the home brewing equipment to VHS. Unfortunately, this equipment is not being used and takes up quite a bit of space. Could I ask that @Rob_MacKenzie takes the home brew kit out of the space?

6. Several packs of laminate flooring – Personally I don’t see the point of keeping left over laminate flooring. The chance of needing this in the next few years is quite low.

7. Sealed light fixture (marked "Paint Room?) – Someone needs to champion putting this fixture up in the paint and mess room, but… do we need more light? Does this fixture provide benefit over our current light solution? I vote to sell/freecycle it.

8. Skateboard/longboard (electric?) – No tag, no name, fair game?

9. Compressor (marked "New Dec 2015) – we are very well set up with regards to compressors and have a backup in place, does this hold value and should it be sold? Or can it be claimed by @Rebel_without_Clause

10. Crate with misc electronics – @JohnC’s project, please label

3 Likes

Thanks, I will come to pick up the compressor, on an Open House!

2 Likes

You should probably keep that light fixture. It’s designed for rooms that has scary stuff in it. If you don’t want I will take it back

1 Like