Laser Training Oct. 2020

Could I sign up for a spot on Oct 20th please if it’s still available! Thank you!

Ok, everyone is signed up, there’s just one more spot on the 20th.

Feel free to continue posting if you would be interested, and I’ll tag you on next months schedule

Could I grab that last spot on the 20th? Thanks!

I’d like to join on Tuesday October 20, 6pm, or any other day should one free up.

Thank you for training us today Tristan! Please let me know if we decide to get honey-cone flat bed for the laser cutter. Im more than happy to contribute!

-ed

1 Like

It would definitely be a good addition, I’ve posted a thread.

Hi, I am interested. Please let me know when you do another training in the upcoming weeks / months.

Thanks!

@Noah (and anyone else interested!)

To end off October’s laser training, I’ll be running two more training sessions at the end of the month.

note: I plan to audio record these sessions to start on a script for delivering some of the repetitive parts by video for future sessions. The recordings will not be made public - they’re to help nail down the script for what I say, but if you’re not comfortable with that, these are probably not the best sessions for you!

Please see the other details in Tristan’s original post, and confirm your ability to login to Nomos prior to the session.

(now cancelled due to lack of interest) ~a weekday session on Friday the 30th@noon~

• A weekend afternoon session on Sunday the 1st @ 2pm (two slots remaining).

Reply here to claim a spot!

2 Likes

Hi Jon, I’ll take one spot on Sunday, November 1st. I can log in to nomos. Not sure, why it is relevant for this training though.

Thanks for coordinating this!

The Laser Cutter’s access control system is integrated with Nomos - and there’s a little bit of setup involved the first time you use it that we’ll go over in the class.

Thanks for doing training @tristanL and @jon. I know it is more difficult at the moment with covid, so putting on these sessions is extra-appreciated.

Hey, do you have any interest in doing the laser cutting this evening at 6pm?
I’m currently enrolled, but can’t see myself getting out of work in time now. If you can’t make it, i’ll get there, but if it works for you, let me know

Hey. I can make it! Are you sure?

Hey,

Yeah go for it, I’ll see if I can do it at some other time. Enjoy!

1 Like

Bump for registration:

nobody has expressed interest in the weekday session, so I’m going to cancel the Friday session.

There are still two spots for Laser Training on Sunday!

1 Like

Hi @jon. Actually I would like to take the Friday session instead of Sunday if possible. Or at least talk with you about a laser I’m trying to fix for my friend.

okay, no one else on Sunday, so I can do tomorrow @ noon, if you confirm you can still make it.

Hello Tristan, I just saw this message and had my initial tour yesterday!

My girlfriend’s 40th birthday is on Nov 6th and I would love to be able to laser cut a template to then spray paint onto her coffee mug.

Is there any chance that I could convince you to do an ad hoc lesson for me? I could cover your cost happily.

Thank you,
Mike

Hey @Mehash, for a mug stencil you should definitely make it on the vinyl cutter instead, if you go in on Sunday 12-4 @yeungx or someone else should be able to give you a hand.

Welcome to the space, look forward to meeting you!

1 Like

Ok great, i would love to do that! Also interested to print a photo onto the same mug if that is possible