Laser training Jan-Feb 2021

Here’s a few dates for laser training over the next couple of weeks, post here to claim one of the three spots for each day.

Wednesday Jan 27, 6pm

@Beltsander
@talfleer
@Kaitlin_Wiebe

Wednesday Feb 3, 6pm

@evierich
@stackty
@KittyCat

(More spots available, see Jon’s post below)

All covid precautions will be taken where possible, masks, sanitizing all surfaces, air flow, distancing where possible, etc.

Here’s the details:
Cost is $30 donation to VHS, payed in cash at the training or ahead of time as a paypal donation here
Usually runs about 1.5-2 hours.
Completion of the training will grant access to the use of the laser cutter, and you must be a VHS member to use the laser cutter once trained.

More details and further reading

If you would like to stay after and make something cool, bring a vector file saved as a .dxf or old version .ai and we can try it out!

2 Likes

Moved to 6pm.

Please sign me up for the Jan 27 session.

Please sign me up for the jan27th training as well !

I would like to sign up for the February 3rd spot please! If any of the previous commenters have a change of plans I would like to attend January 27th though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please sign me up for Jan 27 :blush:

Hi!

I’d like to attend the Feb 3rd date if there is still space.
Thanks

I would be interested in either of the training times, I am a new member.

Meow. Feb3?

1 Like

Ok, all times filled see you then.

I had previously edited this post to accommodate two people per day, but still said 3 people in the post, much confusion. 3 people should be fine, so I’ve booked it that way. Please check your spot above and book your visit in the member dashboard soon so we can account for the occupancy.

1 Like

Meow. Sorry

Those filled up quickly, so I’ll add another three slots, for a session Friday February 5th, 6:30pm.

Signed up:

2 Likes

Hey @TristanL, I’m new and having trouble figuring out how to book my visit, maybe someone can let me know how to do this tonight. Just wanted to confirm I made my donation and will show up tonight!

1 Like

No worries Kaitlin, you can book your visit once at the space tonight. See you then!

I’m available on Feb 3!!
Claire

Hey Jon I would love to sign up for Friday February 5th

@NikitaVanRus have you signed up for the 3rd, still two open spots.

@Claire_Baragar if you are still free tomorrow 6pm for the laser training let me know, @KittyCat can’t make it so there’s room. If not, there’s also @jon’s training on Friday at 6:30

@jon no I haven’t signed for the 3rd. I would gladly do so , unless it’s too late.

Sorry, I worded that poorly - I’ve got you on the attendee list, see you Friday.