Hydraulic Press, *Fundraiser*

OK, we are fully funded, I’m going to pick this sucker up tomorrow morning. If anybody wants to help me unload and set up at the space, I’ll be there at around 10 AM.

Being as the majority of the funds for this come out of the welding course fund, which basically underwrites the welding shop consumables and incidental tool purchases, if anybody else would like to throw in for this buy (you will get your name on the tool) it would help to keep those funds freed up for other welding shop purchases and projects. I’ll keep pledges open for the next week.

2 Likes

I am in for $50. And I would like learn more, down the road, about:

• plastic injection moulding
  • tube bending
3 Likes

No idea what I’d use it for, but I’ll add $30.

Wonder if it would work as a nutcracker, those walnuts can be pretty tough.

4 Likes

I’m working all morning, otherwise I’d definately assist. Not sure how long the setup will take but I can come to the space in the afternoon if help is still needed then.

3 Likes

I’ll be in for $50
Thanks for getting this done!

3 Likes

If this thing can’t crack a walnut we’re taking it back.

2 Likes

Oh nice, I’ll throw in $50.

2 Likes

So you’re getting a press… Here are some fun things you can do with your new baby:

Rubber pad forming for sheet metal and thermoplastics:

Blacksmithing:

Sheet metal blanking (punching out shapes)

Cider pressing:

1 Like

I see a “will it crack” YouTube channel à la “will it blend”.

2 Likes

Change of plans… it’s ours, but I’m going to bring it to the Hack Space on Monday; I was planning to disassemble it to get it into my car, but that’s going to be more of a pain in the ass than it’s worth.

1 Like

Thanks so much for taking the initiative with that today! So stoked we got an awesome deal on it.

What is the best way to pay up? Cash, cheque, e-transfer?
Let me know and I will pay up ASAP.

1 Like

Summary of pledges:
$700 - @Metal_Janet
$300 - @Brad
$50 - @Majicj
$100 - @Mirong
$100 - @JohnC
$100 - @Yeungx
$50 - @Chadleaman
$30 - @TristanL
$50 - @SteveRoy
$50 - @todd.chisholm
$1530 - total
*Purchase price is ~$1,375. Any $$ remaining after purchase will be put towards the welding shop funds, which Metal_Janet so graciously used to help fund this purchase. Also, as Metal_Janet mentioned above, pledges will remain open for another week to help recoup $$ for welding the shop.

Many thanks everyone for the support! It is a large purchase and we are grateful to everyone for your donations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I will DM people who have pledged with my email address. I also take cash; if you go this route, DM me and we’ll discuss specifics. Thanks very much for spearheading this and keeping everything organized, @Brad.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.