How to tell if someone is a VHS member or VHS key member

I am running a workshop where I an only allowing people who are VHS members to participate. (my first one with this restriction) Before I approve of there RSVP on EventBright I would like to check to make sure they are a VHS member.

I could see other reasons that you might want to know if a person at the space is a member, key member or guest or random off the street. I can also see this not being an issue as we have never had the ability to check to see if a person is a member before, and (as far as I know) never had an issue.

I could just ask @directors and they could look it up for me but thats burdensome on the directors. (This is what I have done, this time)

We could make a publicly available, auto generated, list of key members and members from the Membership management system, but some people might have an issue with privacy.

We could give a TALK badge to people that are members and have talk accounts but linking email address and talk accounts together as well as keeping that up to date will be nightmarish.

I could ask the user/person, but that involves talking to people…Shudder… human interaction.

This might not be even an issue, and I am making a mountain out of a molehill.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

I’ve noticed that very few people use the Members forum on Talk. Perhaps you could have advertised the class there instead of on the open list? That may not stop people from telling their friends about it, but it would at least limit the number of non-members that see the original post.

(Not sure why people aren’t using the Members forum; perhaps there needs to be more breakdown of categories there such as there is in the open forums.)