Cool Tools at VHS - Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine

VHS recently crowdsourced a Brother PE800 Embroidery Machine. A big thanks to @Redrosesforever for organizing this and to all the folks who contributed $$ to make this happen.

I spent some time playing with it today and it’s a pretty cool machine.

It came with some stabilizer, a couple of large frames, lots of different threads and a user manual.

This is the user manual. I really recommend folks read this first before using the machine so that you don’t inadvertently end up breaking the machine cause that would suck!

This is the stabilizer that goes behind the material that you’re embroidering.

Some frames for doing the embroidery on. These are attached to the embroidery arm that moves around.

Lots of different colours came with it

Thats it. Everything is in those 3 boxes. We should make a cover for the embroidery machine to keep the dust away.

I tried out a stock Seahorse image that is stored on the machine and one Letter ‘B’

They turned out ok and took about 15 minutes for both.

Theres a few things missing that are needed.

• Some 60 or 90 weight bobbin thread.
  • Some More 11/75 domestic needles
  • Some spool caps for the mini king spools (see pic below)

So check it out and post pics of your patches! Should be fun to see what folks come up with.

7 Likes

I’m so glad that you tested it out! It’s definitely really cool to have, and I’m thankful for everyone pitching in to get it! I’m also excited to see what people make with it!

3 Likes

By the way, you can design your own things using the Ink/Stitch plugin for Inkscape. I’ve installed it on the computer to the left of the sewing area, but we can install it on the other computers also if we want.

Brother also has a phone app for making your own designs - https://www.brother-usa.com/home/sewing-embroidery/artspira.

3 Likes

Thanks @Majicj for doing that. Looks like it works perfectly after that stuck thread was removed.

3 Likes