Your help is needed to recycle VHS Cardboard/Plastic

Hi Folks:

Our new waste disposal provider apparently does not include cardboard recycling.

As you can see from the photos below our cardboard recycling is overflowing and the cardboard and soft plastics recycling bins inside are full.

If you have a vehicle can you please grab some of this cardboard and take it home to your building recycling bin.

Or if you are able there is also the North Vancouver Recycling Dropoff at 30 Riverside Drive that is about a 15 minute drive from VHS just over the Second Narrows Bridge.

2 Likes

VHS as far as I know isn’t a cardboard recycling center either.
So why can’t people who bring this stuff into VHS remove said stuff when they no longer need it at VHS?

2 Likes

It looks like the return-it depot at 1856 Powell can take cardboard as well, though both return-it and North Van suggest it’s really intended for residential recycling.

If our waste people don’t take cardboard and soft plastics, do we need to look at finding someone to take those, or finding someone new altogether? It seems important to have that collected, things come in boxes all the time.

I will be doing a drop of some new toys later today – will load up my van and take as much recycling as I can fit. A VHS minute I’m easily able to help with.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.