WORKSHOP - WLED Pixel Controller - $35.00

Want to start playing with addressable LEDs but don’t feel comfortable with programming an miecro controller (Arduino)?
Always wanted to solder something but scared to try?
Need some animated LEDs for your cosplay project?
Want an easy to build project for your child?

Then this workshop may be for you. It will include a small easy to put together Wi-Fi enabled ESP8266 based LED controller that runs WLED. Also included is a 1 meter length of WS2812 addressable LEDs and a power supply (no case or mounting hardware is included)

You can find more build details here:
https://zappedmyself.com/vhs/vhs-wled-pixel-controller-kit/

The workshop will include basic information on using addressable LEDS and the various ways to control them. We will then assemble the kits and get you controlling your LEDs.

You will need a Wi-Fi enabled device (laptop or smart phone) to access your WLED controller…

As for dates I’m thinking a Wednesday evening ( Oct 4 - 7:00 to 9:00 PM) and Saturday morning (Oct 7 - 9:00 Am to 11:00 AM) but I’m pretty flexible for tiems that work for people intrested…

The kit does require soldering (we will use the soldering equipment at the Space) and I think it’s suitable as a first soldering kit for kids (YMMV)…

Get carried away and your house can look like this:

1 Like

If you want to book a spot please reply (or DM me) with the date you want…

Thanks,

This by the way is an excellent way to start to learn how to deal with electronics and saudering. I enjoyed it greatly.

2 Likes