I've been wanting to run a pcb design workshop for a long time, here it is.
This is a pcb layout workshop using eagle 7.7 (the last version before compulsory online registration).
We'll be working with a customised arduino leonardo schematic. Customised because there is a bunch of stuff we don't need
What we will do
- arrive on time, you'll need to be there at the start to participate
- throw some money into the vhs donatio
- take an existing schematic, add some parts, generate a pcb file and do the layout
- learn a little about pcbs and why things are done in certain ways
- optionally throw $10 or so into a jar to panelise our pcbs and send them off to be made (10 copies each).
- optionally regroup in a month or two and build our projects
What we won't do
- much schematic design, no electronics knowledge needed!
- spend ages arguing the merits of eagle vs ..... (please don't do that here either).
You will need (please be ready beforehand)
- a laptop running linux, osx or windows
- a mouse
- an installation of eagle from ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/program/7.7/
- a copy of the schematic file (TBD)
I'm doing this in eagle because it is ubiquitous, mostly reliable and fairly easy for beginners.
Tickets at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/workshop-pcb-design-with-eagle-design-your-own-arduino-tickets-33822247252
Thanks to @Rob_MacKenzie for keyholding.