Woodshop Organization and Cleanup

Hey everyone, we’re making some progress on getting the woodshop into a more usable state, but there’s a bunch of leftover stuff that’s taking up space that we can probably cleanup/junk.

!

Does anyone know what this cover is for, and where it should live?

!

These were left over the woodbench and tool shelving. Does anyone know what the motor was meant for? Or does want to claim these other pieces?

!

This old vacuum cleaner is somewhat redundant now as we’ve got several other better shop vacs. Does anyone feel particularly strong about keeping it?

1 Like

Thanks for the cleanup! Amazing and much appreciated!

That cover was left in the space when we moved in so I say chuck it.
Also feel free to get rid of R2 (the blue shop vac). I got that for free for the space. It’s been handy but there is no need to keep it around.

2 Likes

I’d like to see how well it’ll pick up aluminum in the shop. I want to try to recover what I can, and a dedicated vacuum would come in handy.

1 Like

Hey all, so we’ve made some progress cleaning and organizing the woodshop, and a bunch of us are interested in planning the next steps in getting the layout figured out.

Let’s all connect here, so far I know @Reuben, @smunky, and Jason (not sure username) have shown interest in coordinating, anyone else who’s got plans for the woodshop, post here! It would be super good to have everyone with experience and ideas all on the same page.

A few of us have been there on Tuesdays, so we could use next Tuesday evening to touch base or if there’s another time that’s better then let’s do that, either way I look forward to getting it sorted soon.

Also feel free to get rid of R2 (the blue shop vac). I got that for free for the space. It’s been handy but there is no need to keep it around.

Aww you named it haha. @Billiam did you find it works for your use?

It wasn’t useful in the machine shop, thanks.

Hi guys, I’m planning on coming down to the shop tonight to look at the workshop organization. See you there?

Sorry, won’t be able to make it down tonight @Jason_OBrien. I know there’s been a bunch of improvements recently, so it might be useful to check that out and get a sense of where things are at. I’m wondering how accessible some of the tools like the jointer are at the moment.

1 Like

Sounds good @smunky, I’ll check out the lay of the land.

Alright so it’s coming along nicely, @Jason_OBrien and I spent a few hours last tuesday moving around the big stuff and planning out the best course of action for the wood shop, most of which focused around the west wall.

I’ll update this thread with plans and progress, in the meantime there’s still a bunch of superfluous mass that needs to be sorted/cleared out. For example, these 4 tables take up a lot of space, they’re wobbly dented pressboard that we have no real use for in the wood shop. Does anyone want them or object to getting rid of them?

2 Likes

I’ve just finished furring and hanging pegboard. Does anyone know if/where we have pegs, hooks, etc.?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.