What software does VHS have?

Hello,
I’m wondering if VHS has any Adobe Creative Cloud software, like Adobe Illustrator.
And in general, does VHS have any special software (CAD softwares, etc.)
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey Mozzarella!

VHS does not have any creative suite licenses but we have Gimp (similar to PhotoShop) and Inkscape (similar to Illustrator) installed on a few machines. I’m not sure exactly what we have for 3d design. Hopefully someone else will add that info.

I know the Vancouver Public library has a lab where you can book time to use Creative Suite software for free (both Photoshop and Illustrator). Hope this helps. Cheers! Janet

https://www.vpl.ca/facilities/create

3 Likes

I do believe we have a Solidworks license (gracefully given to us by Solidworks themselves). Additionally, our CAD computer also has Fusion360 installed and non-commercial licenses are free (and there’s also a low-profit free tier for startups).

I’m personally a fan of Fusion360, but I don’t claim its better than any other software.

5 Likes

The laser computer has LaserCAD installed, and the 3D printer computer has various slicing software installed. I’m guessing that’s not what you meant, though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We have Solidworks 2013. On the same machine, I installed my license of Draftsight, a basic Autocad equivalent.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.