What are you all doing for the Quarantine

@TimothyKonrad I have the complete set of i3 parts printed for you.
We’ll have to figure out a way of getting them to you when you need them

1 Like

I’m making masks for DTES health workers, people that are immuno-compromised

I’ve printed a bunch of “ear savers” for people who have to wear surgical masks all day. Most went to RCH in New Westminster.
Planted some seeds for the garden and have the germinated plants indoors under grow lights right now.
Ordered a part off Amazon and fixed our stove :slight_smile:

Steve I would be so greatful

Really as far as picking them up I’ll come and grab them from your sidewalk whenever.

Luckily I still have a job, but between not having to commute, and having the kids at home, it’s hard to say whether I have more or less free time than before. I started writing the backend for window Pong yesterday anyway. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I made a huge mistake on my current woodturning project so I decided to take a break from the project while I contemplated a fix. In the meantime, I decided to make a little improvement to my turning station.

For years I’ve had a couple of pneumatic tools attached to retractable spring balancers hanging from the ceiling over my lathe. They were attached to screw eyes screwed into the ceiling. While doing some cleanup I came across a sliding bracket that was designed to hang the balancers from. Since I wanted to hand a couple of more tools over the lathe and I had a couple more balancers, I installed the bracket to the ceiling over the lathe with the two extra balancers.

Here’s a closer look at the balancers.

Since I only had two compressed air connections installed on the wall above, I added a manifold to one of the regulators with 3 female quick-connectors.

Since I’ve been doing a lot of airbrushing at the lathe lately, I cobbled together a quick and dirty portable air filter/regulator for my airbrush that sits nicely on the lathe bed and connects to one of the air lines hanging from above. It has it’s own air shutoff just before the filter.

Now back to my f’ed up project…

7 Likes

So much sewing

2 Likes

I’m using parts from donated by the magnanimous @SteveRoy to try and put a 3d printer together
I’m excited because I finally get to see something physical after months of working on sourcing parts

5 Likes

tim. what are you going to use for your control board and motor drivers?

1 Like

So far the standard crappy Chinese Arduino mega and ramps combo

1 Like

check out the SKR boards with 2208 drivers

Well im going to do it the crappy way first and then ya I’d like to expand into better elwctronics. But for now I just want it to function. It’s a slow March up a steep learning curve

2 Likes

fair enough.

@TimothyKonrad was also generous and left me a nice bottle of Irish whiskey in return. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is where I’m at with that printer

7 Likes

looking good!

Looks like I forgot to print a Y belt holder for under the bed. I’ll print one up if you need it.
I also have the X motor and idler the other way around so you can use the Z-Axis endstop on the left side

I used two brass Wall hooks in place of the y carrige holder hope it works for a few prints and then hopefully I can print one

1 Like

Also I’m realizing the x assembly is upside down.

Well it’s moving/homing im still waiting for 608zz bearings for the extruder

5 Likes