Water Cooler?

I’d like to get a watercooler for the space.

Before I resort to scraping craigslist, does anyone have a watercooler they would be willing to donate to the space?

6 Likes

I have no cooler, but I support the idea.

I may have a cooler but it is the type that takes 18 litre water bottles.

Paul S. Gill
VE7PXG

1 Like

I think that’s what we’re looking for!

Let me see what I can do.

Paul S. Gill
VE7PXG

Oh yeah. It has hot cold & room temperature.

Paul S. Gill
VE7PXG

1 Like

In VHS0 we has a water cooler. The water bottles were empty. I have no idea who was in charge of refilling them. I welcome a second attempt at this idea. BYOC.

I remember a distinct green tint to them, which is why they were never filled. :worried:

Are we looking at getting water delivered as well?

My thought was just to refill it ourselves, from the tap.

Bumping this. I would like to see us get a water cooler. I have a car and can pick it up/deliver it to the space if needed. @sIGNgUY Do you still have this cooler? If not then we could get one on Craigslist - I’ll chip in $10 and go pick it up and deliver it as long as it isn’t too far. Perhaps something like this: craigslist | canada

Geeetttt ittttttt

@Rob_MacKenzie I am willing to do it, does anyone want to chip in for this? I don’t want to foot the entire bill.

Btw, I also found some hand pumps in the space which are still in the box. We could use what we have instead of purchasing a water cooler if no one is willing to pitch in. I can find us a 5 gal plastic jug (shouldn’t be more than $15 judging by the list of Craig)

ie.

I’ll cover the remainder of the cost, up until more people offer and hopefully bring the cost down.
$40 (Though hopefully 4 more people will chip in $10 so we all pay $10. These magnificent five will be forever remembered, and will have some sort of adornment on the watercooler, stating that they were thirsty and bought a water cooler)

I get really thirsty in the space and I don’t like soda.

Edit: I can’t math very well tonight.

2 Likes

+1 for handpumps, especially if we already have them!

I don’t think handpumps are as nice. Water coolers have a certain appeal (and satisfying GLUG as bubbles rise) as you can just push a button and receive water. They also feel “cleaner” to me (though that’s likely false) as they’re off the ground and are commonly seen in many office environments etc.

Please start a QGM topic, as this requires heavy debate and people getting animated.
The internet is the best medium for sarcasm, it’s never misconstrued.

4 Likes

Okay, that’s it… I’m in! Put me down for 10 bucks!

EDIT: Actually, put me down for 20, hopefully 2 more people will chip in and bring the cost down.

1 Like

This might need a lazor cut plaque.

It should be 3D printed.