Washroom upgrades?

How much interest is there in renovating the washrooms? Does anyone have any experience and/or suggestions?

3 Likes

I would like to see, though likely very complex, accessibility to get to washrooms considered. Gov should have somefunding coming uo any day now that will help with renovations around accessibility.

3 Likes

Seems challenging, given the two steps there, but definitely something to investigate.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to install a raised floor to removed the 2 steps.

No, the ceiling is only 7 feet in there. We can’t make it any shorter

Could go through the boiler room, hang a right and knock the wall into the washroom hallway down. Get into the washrooms that way. That way its a relatively straight shot from the workshop to build a ramp.
Closing off the existing washroom hallway would improve the bottom of the stairs, or even allow you to connect the stairs to the landing on the other side slackening their slope.
All this is major renos.

3 Likes

When @Billiam leveled the floor in the machine shop, he had 3 leftover bags of concrete.

I think those could be used to repair the floor under the sink in the first washroom.

The wall separating the two washrooms is badly degraded and I believe it should be replaced.

3 Likes

Not only do I still have 3+ bags of the cement left, but I now have a corded drill to mix with (and if it craps out, we know how to use the drill press :slight_smile: )

The washrooms are a low enough traffic area that this product may work; it’s not intended as a wear layer, so should have flooring installed over it. I’m not sure how permeable it is to water either.

2 Likes

Here is the link to the funding line that I expect to open soon that traditionally, will cover 50 percent of costs of a project.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/enabling-accessibility-fund-small-projects.html

1 Like

Yes, I am necroposting again but what is the status of my suggestion made to @Lantana at the VHS Christmas Party to add a coat hook to the bathroom so I can hang my coat instead of leaving my coat folded on top of the silver can beside the toilet?

Is it something you can do, but can be undone in 4 hours or less?

2 Likes

I think so but I do not know when I will be at the Space again, maybe at the next SHHH or similar event. Are the walls of the bathroom wood that will support a hook when a coat is hung from the hook?

Sounds great, thanks for looking into it next time!

Do you know the answer to my question about the walls in the bathroom? What type of material are the walls of the bathroom? Wood?

second bathroom already has a hook on the back of tge door.

1 Like

And there are 6 hooks in the hallway just outside the first bathroom. Three are currently occupied, but the jacket, coat, and coverall will be moved to the Lost & Found locker.

Mod here. I’m going to close this thread as it’s pretty old and it seems we are sorted for bathroom hooks/storage. Thanks all. If anyone fancies talking other specific bathroom renos please open a new thread. Thanks!