Wanna add items to our bulk orders from Shenzen?

@FVMakersJason The one key question that I have is … how much is the shipping going to be?

In my opinion:

I think that for <$50 items, your best bet is to buy on aliexpress. You stand a much better chance of not having to pay GST/PST/customs fee on receipt.

The benefit of @FVMakersJason’s offer is in large items, such as laser cutters, 3D printers, etc. Bulky items that when shipped individually, they will have a large freight cost. Last time I priced (about 3 years ago) a container it was around $2000 from any major port in China to Vancouver. However, in such a shipment, you are guaranteed to have to pay taxes (I’m assuming a customs broker fee will be included in the overall cost).

I had a bunch of people contact me regarding the Kossel kit (we’re still working on details, the packaging, accepting payment, instructions, etc) But we have pictures of it and details up on our site now in our store section. Technically you could buy one but we still haven’t sorted out shipping so please don’t order unless you’re local and planning on a trip to Langley.

http://fvmakers.com/kossel-3d-printer/

BTW price includes tax.

We’re working on other stuff to add to the store, all profit goes to keeping the lights on in the MakerSpace so you get a printer and good karma at the same time!

pulls trigger

Now I have a printer to build at VHS on Saturdays. When can I pick this kit up? :wink:

We’re open Thursday and Friday at 7:00, sometimes we’re open a bit earlier than that but it’s a safer bet to show up at 7:00. We’re usually there till 9:30 on Thursday 10-11ish on Friday.

@FVMakersJason : I’ll be in Shenzhen in a few weeks. Am wondering about leaving some stuff to come back in the container. Is this too early, is the shipment definitely on? I guess it depends on how many printer kits you selll at VMMF, seems like a good deal, hope you sell heaps.

enjoy your trip. I miss my home in Fanling, HK. If you have spare time
check out new housing courts in Shenzhen and/or HK.

Tom,

We’ve been focusing on Maker Faire and the printers, so I was hoping to get to the list after the faire. But if you want to drop something for shipment at a storage location I can get David to contact you and see if he can set something up. e-mail me at Jason@fvmakers.com

Just finished my Mini Maker Faire duties for the year as host of the Volunteer party.

David’s out of town for 2 weeks and I’m going to San Francisco in a week so we’re still in quasi-shitshow-mode.

We are still around, and still planning on doing this. Please be patient, we will be back on track shortly.

Cool, I and I think @packetbob are interested in bringing budget CNC machines over. We’re still here too, no-one’s rushing 'cause there is no rush!

This topic was automatically closed 611 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.