Video editing software

Continuing the discussion from Piano workbench shelving upgrades:

I know that there’s a few people who have access to gooder[TM] video editing software, but I was wondering about the experience of people of video editing software. More specifically, I’ve used Sony Vegas in the past, and I’ve looked into other FOSS software as well, but found nothing really like it.

Then, searching today, I stumbled on these:

I only selected software that’s available for all platforms

Any other suggestions worth checking out in the FOSS field?

I did a survey a few weeks ago, and settled on Blender. It’s pretty solid, mature, incredibly functional as a Non-Linear Editor, and has a thriving community so lots of tutorials and resources. There’s even an entire stackexchange site!

I followed this video to help set up Blender NLE to be more like FinalCut Pro, including keybindings. They required some fixes to work with the latest version, in my yet-to-be-merged branch here.

If there’s interest, I can hold some “office hours” at VHS to help anyone who’s trying to learn it.

2 Likes

I’d be interested. I’ve used Blender for modelling but have not done any Video Editing with it.

I use Sony Vegas Pro version 10 … I have a license from a venture several years ago. How does Blender compare with Vegas in terms of features and ease of use?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.